7. STEPPING BACK

NPOV

I stood on my balcony listening to the three of them talking.  When I heard Elle say that Tuppen had tried to take the kiss a little deeper and she wasn't ready I wanted to jump up and down but knew I couldn't.  It was bad enough I think she heard me chuckle when she yelled grouse at Lee I don't want her to know I have become some kind of creepy stalker when I have a way to do it without it being way too obvious.  One thing I did decide tonight I was going to step back and let her see where this takes her.  I owe her that, but I will always let her know I am here for her.

EPOV

Lee had invited Tuppen over to the house.  When I came out Tuppen offered to rub suntan lotion on my back after I had applied it everywhere else.  He was massaging it in when I let out a little moan and he leans in and says "so, you like that huh"  "yeah, feels good."  "now, don't fall asleep on me you still owe me."  "What exactly do I owe you, Charles."  "a kiss"  "oh, really I never agreed to that."  "yeah, but it is in the boyfriend codebook.  For every massage one kiss."  I chuckle turn over and give him a kiss.  He frowns "no fair that was just a peck on the lips"  He grabs me and pulls me up against him and smiles "I want a real kiss, deep and maybe with a little tongue." he wiggles his eyebrows at me.  I smack him "Keep dreaming lover boy."  He winks at me and says "oh, I will get that kiss my Elle.  Soon, but I shall wait."  I laugh as he falls into the pool as if I wounded him.  I shake my head and get up to head inside to get a drink when I heard Tuppen say "Where she going"  Lee smiles and says "to get her and Rachel a drink.  She is probably getting Rachel a water and herself an orange soda and water."  When I walk out I hand Rachel a bottled water put down my orange soda and water toss a water at Tuppen and put down an orange soda for Lee.  I hear Tupeen say "damn your good Lee how did you know"  "told ya Twinlepathy" After a while, Tuppen asks me to talk and starts to head into the game room I stop and ask "do you want this to be completely private."  "yep"  "then the game room is not the answer.  come with me."  I take him down to the basement and grab the boombox and place it next to the vent and turn it on.  Tuppen looks at me and raises an eyebrow.  I laugh "the game room is open to the second floor so anyone can hear what you say plus there is a spot that you can't be seen you can hear everything in there and see everything.  The boombox prevents the person on the first floor from hearing what is said down here Lee and I use it to plan pranks on Noah."  He laughs and says "ahh, ok"  He walks forward and wraps his arms around my waist and brushes his lips against mine.  I feel my body shudder and smile.  He tries to deepen the kiss but I push him away and says "ok what did you need to talk about."  "come on Elle just one kiss please." I push past him and up the stairs and out the door.  "Elle come on please stop."  I turn around and glare at him "you said you needed to talk.  If that was just a trick to get me to make-out with you here that is not going to happen.  This is my home this is Noah's home I will not disrespect it like that."  "ok ok Elle sorry, I just wanted to know if you wanted to make this exclusive."  I smack him and say "I will  have to think about it."  He looks at me and pulls me close and says "come on Elle you know you want to."  I giggle and say "fine you win."  He picks me up spins me around and says "I finally have Elle Evans as my girl."

NPOV

I hate it.  Watching him hold hearing how he tried to kiss her more than she is ready for in my house.  Who the fuck does he think he is trying to have a make-out session with my Shelly in my house.  Ahh and now she agrees to be exclusive.  I hate this.  I take a deep breath and go to my room and throw myself on my bed.  I glance at the picture there of me and Shelly on the day I asked her to marry me.  It was the happiest day of my life. 

***flashback***

It was our weekly family dinner.  I acted annoyed at something Lee had said and asked the waiter to bring a strawberry cheesecake to the table on a miniature version of the kissing booth.  I got Lee to distract Shelly and I placed the kissing booth in front of her.  When she looked down at her plate and then at me I am down on one knee and I ask her Rochelle Evans I was there the day you took your first breath.  I watched you take your first steps alongside my brother.  I fell madly in love with you when I was only 10 and prayed every day that you and my lil' bro were only best friends.  Last year at the kissing booth I was finally able to give you our first kiss and it was everything  I hoped for.  I know we have had our ups and downs but I know you are the only girl for me Will you Marry?  She looked at me and jumped into my arms.  Only pulling away long enough for me to slide the ring on her finger before giving me a kiss that made her dad threaten to kill me.

***End of flashback***

Boy, did I screw this up. I feel the tears slide down my face and I have given up trying to hide my pain and begin to sob.