CHAPTER FIVE

That night, I didn't know what to do. I felt sorry for Maddie, but the dark shadow of anger took over me by surprise. Even though I felt sorry for Maddie, I felt even more sorry for the next family who tried to hurt her, or even the same family. I wasn't about to mess around considering my friends life was on the line.

          The next morning, I went into panic again. I looked over at Maddie's bed and she wasn't there. Instead there was a note that said:

      "Winter, my dearest Winter. Your friend made a huge mistake coming back and an even bigger one coming to you. Don't bother trying to find her because your putting her in even more danger, I know you will be coming anyway so, see you soon.

                -Ms. Krilling"

     I couldn't believe Ms. Krilling would come in to Maddie's and I room and kidnap her. I tried to put my thoughts together. Then I got it. Ms. Krilling said that she would know if I was coming, but how? Then I remembered that Maddie and I had tracking devices in our phones, I looked in Maddie's backpack where Maddie kept her phone, and it was gone. I knew that Ms. Krilling was using Maddie's phone to track me down. Then I made a stupid decision to go looking for Maddie.

       I packed everything I thought I would need. A few sandwiches, few bags of chips, some bottles of water, and a jacket just in case it got cold. I knew Ms. Krilling would be waiting for me, and only I knew how to take out the tracking pieces. That's exactly what I did, I took out the tracking piece and put it under my pillow. I left a note on the door saying that I needed to go somewhere with Maddie and we would be back soon enough.

        MEANWHILE AT THE KRILLING HOUSE.

      "Oh, it seems that your precious Winter is not coming. Oh well, I hope you didn't get your hopes up to much." Ms. Krilling said

         "No. Your wrong, Winter is coming. And she's gonna stop you." Maddie said with courage

      "Oh Maddie, how can you be so sure that she's coming to help you."