20

Keith was having a horrible day. He kept looking down at his wrists, unable to take his eyes off the scars. He chews at his bottom lip, tapping his foot on the kitchen floor

"Do I have to take these fucking meds?" Keith groans.

"I've told you this already. Take your meds."

"They don't fucking help."

"You're gonna take them. That's final, Keith."

Keith simply sighs and compiles the pills in his mouth. Swallowing them dry. Grimacing at the feeling of them dragging down his throat.

He continues staring down at the array of scars. Jagged and deep, small and thin. Long lines and short lines.

"You going to the Garrison today?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Yea sure what the fuck ever." Keith huffs. Tearing his eyes away from the scars. He hated them now. At the time it was fine and all. Made him feel something for a while. Now they're just ugly reminders of how much of a fuck up he is.

>>>Pidge>>>

K: come over

P: oh yeah
you're going to school today

K: yea

P: be there in 5 hold on

Keith heads back to his room and strips from his sweats and t-shirt. Changing into a new black shirt and a pair of black jeans. He slips into his red jacket and shoves his feet into his boots.

They were going to kick him from the Garrison, but Shiro begged for them to keep him there. They complied and let him stay, but if he had anymore discipline issues, he'd be kicked out.

He heads into the living room and sits on the couch. Kicking his feet up on the coffee table. He hikes up his sleeves and looks at the scars again.

Something in the back of his mind told him he needed more. It was drowned out eventually when the meds kicked in. So he stares blankly at his arms.

"Hey nerd." Pidge smiles

"Hey." Keith mumbles.

"Shiro throw you back on your meds without working up to the dosage?"

"Mmh."

"Fucking idiot. C'mon we get to go meet your little boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"But you wish he was."

"Yeah."

"You two ready?" Shiro asks.

"Yep." Pidge smiles.

The ride to the garrison was silent. Keith staring out the window blankly. Everything seemed like it was in black an white. Nothing mattered in that moment. Not even meeting Lance.

Keith was so beyond numb that he couldn't remember what it felt like to be in the moment with Lance and just be happy.

The school rolls up and Keith blinks. It felt like it was only 2 minutes. He blinks again and gets out of the car. Autopilot.

"Lance is waiting out front for us."

Sounded like they were under water. Keith nods. He felt floaty and like he was watching himself from a movie or a game.

Heavy footsteps, trudging against the asphalt. Sluggish movements. Exhaustion. He felt like a zombie.

"Is he okay?"