We Were Just Trying To Do Something Nice

Authors POV

It's been two days since Mel's operation, she had her scan the day after her operation and She and Chris were just waiting for the results. She was sitting up and they were watching a moving on his laptop. What Melissa didn't know was this whole time Chyle, Jeremy, Jacinta and apparently Thea where all setting up her apartment to make it feel like she was in Cancun.

She leaned into him and he kissed her forehead, just as the door opened, thankfully it was just Jacinta and her doctor.

"Melissa, we have some good news for you" He spoke smiling, She looked over at Chris, smiling for hope. "So the scan's came up clear, however, we want you to have another round of Chemo which we will do for two weeks twice a week, and two weeks after that we will take another scan and see how you go," he said with a smile. Mel nodded smiling. "Um, can I speak to Jacinta, alone?" She said basically telling the two Males to leave the room. They nodded Chris Kissed my forehead and left the room with the doctor.

"Whats up?" Jacinta asked getting on of the nurse's chairs and sat next to her. "Um, well" Mel started "Don't worry it isn't important?" She said again. "Mel, something on your mind I can tell," Jacinta told Melissa, as a friend. "With all this chemo that I have had, would I be able to well you know?" She started

"Mel I thought you already did it?" She asked her "We have, um it's not that is what comes with doing it," Mel asked "Ohh, oooooh," Jacinta said with a big grin Melissa blushed. "Look from other patients I have had yes you can but maybe get tested before you start thinking about that stuff, I mean do you want to start a family?" Jacinta asked

"Well you've known I wanted a family, and with Blake, we talked about it, and with Chris, we haven't but he is so good with kids and.." Melissa started. "Don't get too ahead of yourself but I can sure do some blood test when you have your scan and get the results back to you. "Now go have a nice restful time at home, and none of that stuff for a while missing ok," Jacinta said with a wink. "Ok mum, but no promises" Melissa replied "No Mel I mean it. I don't want you coming in saying that your arm hurt when I know its because you guys where bonking it out" Jacinta said almost to loudly that Chris opened that door.

"Um I will leave you to pack up, and I am gonna come to visit you tonight," Jacinta told Melissa she nodded and smiled while Chris came in fully.

Chris helped Melissa pack her bag before helping her out off her bed before been put into a wheelchair. And taking her out to the car that was waiting for with Chyler In the front seat. "Chyler, what are you doing work, I thought you had work?" Melissa asked her friend. "You know Chris needs help, bringing you home and I thought it would be nice, to pick my friend up, since I haven't been doing that lately" Chyle responded with a smile. Mel looked at her knowing that something was up and all she wanted was to do was home and relax on her couch.

Chris took hold of Mel's hand that wasn't in an in a splint and rubbed it with his thumb. As they arrived outside of Mel's house everything looked the same but Mel knew something was up. "Guys if you have something going on inside I don't want it, I just want to sit on the couch and watch movies. Chyler side. All their work was for nothing. She stopped the car jolting it, making Melissa wince in pain. "You ok?" Chris asked her. Mel nodded. "Ok, I'll come round to get you," Chris said as he got out of the car once the car had stopped and the engine was off. Chris got out of the car and went round to Melissa. "I'll get your bags when I get you in, and on the couch," Chris told Melissa, she smiled an nodded her head. He helped her out of the car slowly, making sure that he didn't hit her arm or anything that would cause any pain. "Thank you" Melissa turning to him and gave him a kiss on the lips. "You're not going to blindfold me are you?" Melissa asked jokingly. "Not anymore" he responded with a smile. "Chris I'm been serious I don't want anything done to tony homer just want to sit and relax." She told him annoyed. "We just want to do something nice for you, Melissa, for once, please let us do something nice for you, something that you deserve," Chyler said almost yelling "Chy, are you ok?" Melissa asked, "I'm fine Mel" Chyler now shouted without realizing. "Thank you for bringing me home," Melissa said with a smile walking with Chris up to her front door. Chris opened the door walking into Kara's home to see that nothing really changed.

As they walked in further the two saw that there were two comfortable beach chairs, as well as a proper couch, and fake palm trees, with music to sound like they were on the beach. "I thought it was going to be worse, but not was actually quite good thank you Chyler," Melissa said and Chyler cam up behind her. "No worries, just let people do something nice for you please we aren't the ones that are sick remember" she explains to Melissa, Melissa notes that in her head as Chris helped her sit down on the couch. Going back out to the car to get the rest of his and Melissa's things.

Chris brought everything over that he knew Melissa would want near her. Sitting beside her giving her a kiss, "Do you want something to eat?" He asked Mel. She shook her head. "Ok" he replied getting up. Chyler was the only one there Jeremy had to go back to work quickly after he helps het up, but would be back later according to the text Chris got. Chyler sat next to Melissa. "Hey Mel, I'm sorry I snapped at you," Chyler said. Look at Melissa. "It's ok Chy, I forgive you," Melissa said, smiling. "Just like that? I snapped at you, I mean it's not every day that your Best friend has cancer and has to have Chemo and operation to remove it" Chyler rambled. Melissa laughed "Promise you it's ok, I know everyone wants to do something nice for me, but you been here is the best thing I miss it," Melissa said. Opening her arm that was not in pain and in a splint. The two hugged and they watched TV. Chris smiled at the two having a moment.

Later on that day, Chyler went back to work allowing Melissa to have a sleep. Chris was sitting at her table doing work for the new facility that has been open. While Melissa was in the operation he was able to go visit everyone there and see the kids, and all the workers seeing how they were all going and what they wanted to be improved. Chris started to hear Melissa stir, he got up from his seat and sat down at the end of the couch where Melissa laid. "How did you sleep?" He asked her. "Umm good," she said smiling trying to get up, but failing and landing on her arm "FUCK that really hurt" she screamed. "You're ok," he said and hoped her sit up. "Do you want something to eat?" He asked her. She nodded. "I need to walk around," she told him. "Ok, how about we take the dogs out for a walk out the front" he suggested, Melissa nodded. The two walked out the front so the dogs could go for a walk. Chris saw Melissa smile into the sun, the wrapped his arms around her from behind trying to be careful not to hurt her arm.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ! its all about forgivness and letting people do soething nice for you when, you are or aren't sick :)