Mr. Wood senior

Hey guys, so managed to do three chapters over the weekend. 

So today is the 1st of October, the day when Chris Wood, took to social media with his new campaign IDONTMIND.  I don't love this campaign because of Chris, I love it because from a young age I have dealt with anxiety and depression, I always like to try and talk about it and bring any type of situation in to my stories because we all deal with crap, and i think it's a good way to share your story in a way people will understand and see in a characters POV how it affects the author. 

So with that let's get onto the story. 

Mel's POV

"Melissa, sorry I'm late I wanted to drop by but everyone has left" he said sadly

"Oh not everyone my older sister is here with her two girls and my grandparents" I say. His face lifted. "Come in" I say. "Babe, someone is here to see you" I yell out to Chris. He comes to the door to see his dad. "Father your here, what are you doing here?" He asked "Well your mother is at a hair appointment so I thought it would be a great opportunity to come and see you" he said. Chris hugged his father, "Come in Mr Benoist senior is here" he said with a big smile on his face, giddy and all.

Chris POV

I can't believe it, I'm actually happy that my dad showed up, normally I would be dreading it, but I'm thankful that he turned up.

"Dad comes, I want to show you the twins room before you talk with Mr. Benoist senior," I tell him. I see Melissa smile and walk into the kitchen.

"Why did you come?" I ask him. "Well your mother is at a hair appointment and I really wanted to come because I do want to be involved in their lives," he tells me.

"That would be great but please, in this house we are trying to teach Maddie that and when the twins come along that just because we have 'money' doesn't mean they will get what they want," I tell him, he sighs. "Ok, I guess that I will have to sell the jaguar's that I brought them," he said with a smile, we both laughed. "So this is their room, we're having a boy and a girl, Maddie said that we shouldn't do the traditional baby colors, so she picked purple and green," I told my father, he nodded. "I'm proud of you son, taking control of your life, you have built a great family, now can we go downstairs so I can speak to your fiancé's parents?" He asked me, I nodded and smiled. We walked downstairs my father sat down next to Mr. Benoist senior, while I sat down next to Melissa. "You ok?" I asked her. "Yeah just a little tired, are you happy?" She said with a smile I nodded. "So Melissa, Chris has told me and because I also knew your father, I know it is going to be hard for the wedding, so I would like to pay for the wedding, my treat," My dad said. "Dad, why?" I asked him. "Because Christopher, I want her to be welcomed into the family and it would be my gift for the wedding, plus save the money for your honeymoon," he told us. "Thank you, Mrs. Wood, that is very kind of you," Melissa said. I allowed my dad and Mr. Wood senior to have a chat. Melissa and I went to the Breakfast bar and made everyone a tea. "Only 8 more weeks, that's if they want to come earlier," Melissa said with a sigh as she rubbed her belly. "umm, I'm glad you chose to go with the C-section," I told Melissa. "Yeah I mean I want what's best for the babies" she replies. I nod. "You dad seems to be excited," Melissa says "Yeah I'm happy that he is and wanted to involve the twins lives," I tell her. "Yeah so am I," she says I go round and give her a kiss.

After a few more hours of talking Sofia and her girls went home leaving myself, Melissa her grandparents and Mr. Wood. I see her yawn. "I'm going to go to bed" I here Melissa. "Oh ok, I might just head off them," dad said I nodded, I'll walk you out dad," I said, we walked towards the door, I see Melissa smile and sit with her grandparents. "Thank you for coming dad you have no idea how much it means to me and Melissa," I tell dad. He nod's "I just want you to know that I am here to help you," he tells me. "Thank you, dad," I say and give him a hug, he hugged me in return for the first time in many years. "I will see you next week for the dinner with your mother," he said as I walked him out the door. Once the door was closed, I walked over to see Melissa on the couch falling asleep. "Babe lets go to bed," I say quietly. "Umm" she replies "Come on, I'm not going to pick you up," I said making her laugh. We walked up the stairs to our bedroom. I helped her get changed into her PJ's before getting changed myself.

I lay next to her while she hugs her pregnancy pillow, I laugh at my self, maybe a little too loud. "What?" I hear her say. "Umm just you hugging the pillow, that's all," I said she smiled at me and gave me a kiss before going back to hugging the pillow again and falling asleep.

There you have it. Off to work now, will probably update on Wednesday night or Thursday :)