Chapter 72~ All That's Green Is Evil You See

Let's return to where our story started, with Anastasia.

When she'd interacted with that Hiro kid, he said his friend had the wand.

"Hey, Kim!" she called out.

Kim had been lost in thought lately, with Rosetta's whole theory on more than one person planning to attack the school.

"Oh. Hey Anastasia, what's up?"

"I heard you were asking people questions about weird green things and smoky smells? I know exactly what you're talking about and I know where it is."

Kim was alert now. "What? What do you mean?"

Anastasia nodded. "We need to go to the library. And we need to see Principal Mickey. Something is seriously wrong."

Kim grew more worried, but didn't show it. "Is it necessary to get Principal Mickey involved just yet?"

"Yes. He'll definitely know what I'm talking about."

◈▣◈

Cinderella had given Lucinda DreamWorks' order forms a while ago. It didn't reveal much, but they had already figured out it was Snotlout.

She wondered whether it still mattered. There was nothing Lucinda liked more than justice, and the truth was that their college was supposed to win that money.

She didn't even care about the money. Just the fact that DreamWorks cheated.

Maybe she shouldn't blame it on DreamWorks, and just Snotlout himself. Lucinda didn't even know why she cared so much anyway. Here she was, standing outside the doors of DreamWorks Academy, wondering if she should enter.

Just as she had made the decision to turn back, Jack Frost had stepped out, with flowers in his hands.

He froze in his steps. "Uh...what are you doing here? Isn't it almost 8?"

Lucinda thought it was now or never. "One of the DreamWorks students hexed your movie. That's why you won. That's not fair. And who are those flowers for?"

Jack shoved the flowers behind his back, as if that would hide them. "Never mind the flowers. What do you mean by hex?"

"I mean hex, stupid. As in an enchantment."

"That's a serious accusation."

"Listen, I know it's true. I have the wizard who did it. And I know who hired him. I just wanted to let you know, before I tell Edna Mode."

Something came over Jack's face, Lucinda couldn't tell.

"Well, I guess that's only fair. But...we can't give you back the money, sorry."

"We don't want the money, so don't worry."

Lucinda turned on her heel to walk away, but Jack cleared his throat.

"And um...the flowers are for Elsa."

Lucinda stared at him, wondering if he was serious, then she saw his incredibly pale cheeks turn a bit pink.

"Okay then."

◈▣◈

Anastasia went to a certain isle in the library and took out seven different books.

"That's a lot," said Kim as Anastasia handed her three.

Anastasia looked around. "Okay, Principal Mickey should be here any minute now..."

"You already alerted him? I told you I can handle this!"

"KIM!"

"SH!" The librarian snapped.