Chapter 75

Tiger Lily walked onto the balcony of the grand hall. It was rarely used in the school, since the college hadn't held an event in here since the dance thrown at the very beginning of the year for the first years. She assumed they'd use it for the graduation, and a prom.

Hiro had entered her mind a few times, but she brushed the thoughts away. Her Father probably had several princes lined up to marry her anyway. She was hoping she could introduce Hiro to her family but...

Maybe it was for the best.

"Hello," a voice spoke behind her.

Tiger Lily turned around to see Pocahontas, carrying two baskets.

"Care to help?"

Tiger Lily took one of the baskets and was surprised to find it full of leaves.

"Uh...with what?" she asked.

Pocahontas walked to the edge of the balcony and grasped a handful of leaves. She then raised her hand over the balcony and let them go.

The leaves swirled to the ground, following one another, then spreading themselves out neatly on the floor.

"Our prom this year is fall themed," Pocahontas explained.

"Oh." Tiger Lily would've forgotten that Pocahontas was graduating this year if she hadn't mentioned prom.

"You try."

Tiger Lily picked out a bundle of leaves and let them fall from her hand. The leaves didn't fall gracefully like Pocahontas' had, but they still spread out on the floor.

"Tinkerbell had this idea, and mentioned it at one of the committee meetings, but she hasn't shown up to the last three."

Tiger Lily frowned. "Well that's unlike Tinkerbell."

Pocahontas nodded. "And I fear that isn't the only thing that's a bit off around here. Lily is officially missing."

It finally registered in her mind that Pocahontas meant Lily the Good Witch, and a thought came into her head.

"You don't think all these things could be connected to...Indigo, do you?"

Pocahontas didn't look her way as she sprinkled more leaves on the floor.

"No," she said. "Indigo...she isn't like that. A tough one to crack, but she has a good heart for the most part."

Tiger Lily could've argued with that, but she didn't and instead sent another shower of leaves over the balcony. Pocahontas' jaw looked set, watching the leaves flutter to the ground.

"It's something much bigger than Indigo, I know that is true."

Tiger Lily nodded half heartedly, her feather flying out of its band, as she tossed the leaves down again.

◈▣◈

Violet was eating lunch alone with Penny. She didn't know where Wilbur was—avoiding her, she assumed—and Hiro was sitting with Tadashi's friends.

"It's quiet without them," Penny said.

"I know."

Sometimes Violet felt like she wanted to cry when she replayed the scene with Wilbur in her head. They had become such good friends...and he didn't even take her muffin.

She wanted to change the subject.

"So, tell me again about this wand thing."

Penny sighed. "I went to the library almost as soon as I told you. It's like this evil person's wand. He's not even a person...it's like he came back from a grave, like...a zombie."