Part 9

(Back at base Y/N POV)

We all arrived back to base, my old team were going to be staying at the base for the night. Six was outside waiting for us with Castle.

Six: Welcome to our base, Castle here will show you to your room for the night. Mr. L/n will you escort Milos to Doc, he will be waiting for your arrival.

Milos: Come on, Kavaleri lead the way.

Thermite: What does that mean?

Jester: Cavalry, like those people riding horses.

Hibana nudging me with her elbow: New operator name.

Me: Damn it, Milos.

Me: Athena, jeg møder dig hjemme.

We began to leave, I felt Hibana holding my hand as I walked until I was too far away. As we got in the elevator to find Doc Milos spoke up.

Milos: That your girlfriend?

Me: Why you ask?

Milos: Well she hugged you all the way here and that's what you and Lynds...

Me: Milos, don't.

The doors opened an Doc was standing outside his office waiting.

Doc: Ah finally.

Milos walked in first, I sat outside so Doc could do his stuff. After fifteen minutes Milos walked out with bandages and a wrist brace. Before I could ask anything Doc ordered me in next.

Milos: Sorry Y/n.

Doc shut the door behind me sitting in front of it with his arms crossed.

Doc: Talk.

Me: About?

Doc: Lyndsey.

I froze, that bastard told Doc about her and now he's playing therapist. I sat back in my chair with my arms crossed as well.

Me: The woman that Jester let die, from a gas attack.

Doc: Why was it his fault?

Me: I could have saved her.

Doc: From what I was told, the gas was deployed inside the car, he pulled you out, place a mask over you, and drug you out.

Me: I would have got her out in time for the paramedics to save her.

Doc: No, you wouldn't. You would have got in there, she would be gasping on the gas, and by the time you got out of the car, it would be too late. Would you like to recreate that situation, James loves playing his gas.

Me: It's not true.

Doc: I was there the first day of the White Mask attack Y/n, I had to cut open bodies of College students I know what that gas does! So stop blaming the people who saved you.

I leaned forward, Doc was right. I just didn't want to believe him.

Me: What should I do then?

Doc: Stop blaming everyone for shit you can't control.

He got up and moved aside from the door opening it. I walked out as he patted my back.

Doc: That was the easiest session I'll ever have.

Milos and I walked back to the elevator, it was awkward at first for me.

Me: Sorry.

Milos: Don't worry, Y/n I knew it was a matter of time.