Part 15

After having no sleep last night Y/n was carrying Athena in his arms through the airport still in his combat gear walking past security and civilians heading to his plane back to base. On the plane, he looked at Athena laying of the bed Clara bought as he played with a bottle of pills that he was given for her before putting it back in his chest pocket. After the plane landed, they waited for the helicopter to land above. After the short trip, he made it back to base early enough for most of the operators to be either sleeping or just starting to wake up. Athena began walking with a limp as they walked back to their room. They walked past the workshop first to find Rook hard at work on a project with Castle.

Y/n: How you feeling Athena?

She looked up at him with a slow tail wagging. Y/n got down and picked her up as they passed the door heading to the training yard as recruits were running laps as they began their day. Y/n stopped at the armory first time drop off his broken rifle from repair along with his gear in his locker he held Athena's vest looking through the bullet hole covered in blood before setting it down in the locker.

Y/n: Come on girl.

He picked up the bed as Athena limped outside to the dorms. Inside the building was mostly quiet except for the few people playing music or T.V as they woke up. As Y/n waited for the elevator her heard a door open behind him and laughter growling louder. Alibi and Smoke walked out not known that Y/n was back until she hit his arm pointing at them.

Smoke: Should we do something?

Alibi: Maybe we should let him have time alone.

Y/n walked in the elevator turning around looking at them. They only wave as the doors closed only seeing Y/n wave right as the doors shut.

On his floor, Mira was standing by waiting for the doors until she saw Y/n quickly pulling him in for a hug. She got down to Athena's level as she wagged her tail rapidly.

Mira: I'm so happy you're okay.

She got up giving Y/n a kiss on the check and left. Y/n stood outside of Hibana's room as he reached for the handle he looked at his hand seeing the dried blood on his hands still. He opened the door looking for her but she was nowhere inside. He set the bed down for Athena, as he took his coat off and walked in the bathroom. He set his hand on the sink as the water poured down the drain looking down at them. A pair of hands with black fingernails moved over his and placed them in the water.

Hibana: Welcome back.

She kissed the back of his neck then rested her head on his shoulder.

Hibana: How's our furry one?

Y/n: Shes on painkillers right now.

Hibana: And you?

Y/n: Better now that you're here. I better find Six before she sends people after me.

After a meeting with Six, he walked down to the training room. Mute was the only one inside as he blasted his music. Y/n walked in making Mute stare at him briefly then went back to working out. Y/n started at the squat rack only thinking about killing Reiley with each rep he took. After spending time with Mute he pasted other operators training ignoring most of them as he went to the armory to find the quartermaster for a new rifle.

Quartermaster: What you looking for?

Y/n: A new rifle mines broken.

Quartermaster: What are you looking for?

Y/n: Surprise me.

He walked in the back pointing at the ceiling.

Qmaster: Assault or marksman rifle?