Ch. 18 The Rogue

Azrael eyed the Bouncer, forcing his dominance onto the weaker male before walking past him and into the dark nightclub. Liam and Roland flanked him, keeping just a step behind the male.

The Rogue, very original. The club was a common place for rogues and wanderers, located in the large city that was a neutral zone for all and any. The place smelled like sweat, vomit and alcohol, which made Azrael's nose burn as the three males made their way through the crowded space to the bar.

Azrael's father had sent him to the city to talk to the owner of the club. The Council believed the male to have information on a male who was steadily becoming a threat and now a ghost. The male had disappeared along with his Mate, leaving his pack in the hands of his Second without a word. Rumors had quickly spread afterwards about the male being spotted with a wanted Witch for the abuse of Dark magic.

Melisande had asked where he was going but his father had specifically told him not to tell her or Salem. He felt bad for lying and saying he was going out to have a guys night but he wouldn't disobey his Alpha's order. He'll make it up to her later.

Liam bumped his shoulder and they turned around to a male no older than them. The male's platinum blond hair was parted on the side and he showed off his solid build in a white button up shirt and black slacks. He looked more fit for a business meeting and not the loud colorful club. Azrael raised a brow, waiting for the male to speak first.

"The owner would like a word with you." With that he turned and walked away, expecting them to follow. Any other time, Azrael wouldn't have but he was taking him right to the male he needed to see.

They followed the male into the back and up a set of stairs leading to the second floor. Two males stood outside of a door that the stiff looking male knocked on before opening. He gestured for them to enter but didn't follow and the door shut behind Roland.

"It's not everyday that such high ranking males visit these parts." Azrael looked over the older Wolf. He seemed to be several generations his elder but to anyone else he looked no older than his mid forties. "May I ask what brings you three to my fine establishment?" The white haired male leaned against the desk behind him, looking them over as they did the same to him. He looked too put together for a place like The Rogue.

"The alcohol and music, what else?" The male chuckled and pointed his finger at Azrael.

"Funny," He said. "You see, I know everything that goes on around these parts and I've never seen not one of your faces before. So humor me." Azrael shrugged.

"So we'll skip the pleasantries than, Nikolai." Azrael watched the male's eyes narrow slightly. "Tell us where Ivan Vasilek is hiding and we'll get out of your fur." The male laughed and shook his head.

"He warned me that there would be people looking for him. It's exactly why he didn't tell anyone, me included, as to where he was going." Nikolai Volkov grunted. "Our families have worked together since before my time, to not be trusted with his secret was a great insult but I understand." The door opened and the two male's who had been guarding the door entered. "I can't take the risk of having my name spread with connections to the Russian. It's bad for business." The male said apologetically as two more males entered the small office, making Azrael growl.

Rolland was the first to snap when a male moved to grab Liam. The large male's claws tore through the others throat, dropping him instantly to the ground. It seemed to be the trigger to chaos as Wolves flooded the room and the three were forced to fight them off.

The click of a gun cocking made them pause and gave the rogues enough time to grab Rolland and Liam who struggled against them. Nikolai pointed the gun at Azrael who had no doubt that the bullets were silver.

Azrael didn't get the chance to find out.

The glass in the window behind Nikolai shattered and a silver arrowhead tore through the male's chest, piercing right through his heart. The room grew silent as they watched the male gurgle on his own blood before falling forwards onto his desk.

Azrael looked out the window to see the figure running along the rooftop across the street. The commotion behind him drew his attention away and Azrael spun, seeing the blonde head duck under a male's claws before sending her foot into his chest. The male flew back against the wall and it was enough distraction for Liam and Rolland to get free. It seemed almost too easy for the four of them to kill off the remaining rogues.

"What the hell, Mel?" Azrael spit blood from his mouth where he'd ripped out a male's throat.

"Shouldn't that be a thank you?" Her golden hair was splattered with blood and her amber eyes were wild with bloodlust.

"You killed him before we could get any information!" Azrael indicated to Nikolai.

"That was actually Salem. The little Human's a great shot." She smiled, her canines bloody. "Unlike some people," she huffed. "We did our homework. Come on, Salem's waiting." They watched her step over the bodies to leave the office.

Azrael shook his head in disbelief but followed her nonetheless.