Ch. 37 A Caster

Azrael was transfixed as he watched strings of darkness weave itself through his and Salem's joined hands. It felt warm against his skin and made his hand tingle. Azrael turned to see Salem already looking at him. He untangled their hands to pull the little male closer to him and pressed kisses all over his face, saving his soft lips for last. Salem smiled against him, his slim fingers gripping Azrael's curls.

A representative from the Council was due to arrive today. They hadn't said anything about what his father had told them, in response they only sent a date to expect someone. Over the weeks, Salem had been practicing with his abilities. Azrael was impressed with all that his mate could do. He was also afraid, not of him but what others might do to him if they realized the power he held. Salem was disappointed when he still felt no connection with his wolf after Azrael bit him. There might not be one, only time could tell.

The Council had thanked them for their help in locating Ivan Vasilek's mate but had told them that they would take over now. Azrael hadn't said a word to his parents against the Councils decision to take them out of the loop. No one noticed that Roland had disappeared. Azrael had decided to see what information Melisande and Salem had on the Russian and the Witch. He wasn't all that surprised to find out they knew more than he did.

"Are we going to hide in bed all day?" Azrael asked against Salem's ear, feeling the little male shiver under the contact.

"Yes." Salem breathed, sliding his leg over Azrael's before climbing on top of him. "Do you not want to stay in bed with me?" He gave a fake pout that worked remarkably well. Azrael sat up and wrapped his arms around the male straddling him.

"There's nowhere I'd rather be." Salem hummed and Azrael kissed him slowly, his tongue lazily tangling with his Mate's. Things escalated quickly and the kiss became deep and passionate as Salem rocked his hips against Azrael's fast rising member.

They hadn't taken things further than steamy kisses and the occasional blow job but it wasn't like there was time for much more. His parents kept him busy and Salem spent his days scaring Melisande by plunging rooms into darkness. Azrael had began wondering why his father didn't let the two do anything. Melisande was one, if not the best warrior they had and their parents were denying her the experience she needed. At nineteen, Azrael was tearing apart rogues and ferals. As for Salem...Azrael believes his Mate to be more powerful than all of them.

Their groins pressed together and Salem moaned, rolling his hips. Azrael trailed his lips over Salem's jaw and down his neck, kissing and nibbling over his permanent mark. Salem's back arched as he whimpered, pulling on Azrael's hair.

"Wait!" Salem startled Azrael who quickly pulled back, thinking he'd hurt his mate in some way. Salem gave him a shy smile before his eyes shifted to the side. Azrael followed his line of sight to see the fat kitten staring at them. Azrael groaned and pushed up to sit on his knees. Nox meowed, the spoiled cat wanting attention. This was the second time he'd had to stop pleasuring his mate because of that fat kitten.

Salem cooed at Nox and scooped him up. Azrael couldn't help but roll his eyes. Nox just flicked his tail as if to tease Azrael who watched Salem pepper kisses onto the cat. Nox wasn't so tiny anymore but was mostly fat. Salem fed him too much table food and Nox was lazy, sleeping most of the day if he wasn't knocking things off of tables and getting into the bathrooms to tear up the toilet paper.

"Such a sweet boy." Salem cooed, Nox purring loudly as he sucked up the attention. "Daddy's jealous." Salem teased, smiling up at Azrael who was glaring at the cat.

"Come on, put the cat in the hall." Azrael ran his hands up his mates thighs, his fingers skimming over the purple panties Salem wore.

"Tempting, but I'm hungry." Salem scrambled up and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips before passing the cat over to him. Azrael stared down at Nox who looked at him expectingly. He caved and ran his fingers through the kittens fluffy fur, causing him to purr again.