Chapter 19

I wake up to a bleeping noise. I think I'm in a hospital. I wake up. Yeah, I am in a hospital. It's a different one, though. I want to see Mikey, to tell him I'm alright. Just at that moment, he comes in.
"Oh thank God, you're alive. You died in the ambulance and they couldn't retrieve you. I wanted to say goodbye, but they had to do stuff to you, like CPR. It was scary. I love you, Katie. Never forget that."
"What, why did I die?"
"Cal dared you to go under water, so you did, but I think you blacked out and I think you nearly drowned. I dived down, but it think you swallowed a lot water and your lungs got too much water and I think you just gave up on life. Then, you came back to life. You were dead for one minute, I think."
"Oh, God. I think I lived because you told me to not give up. I think, at first, when I was dying, you told me to hang in there and I did, but then I think I gave up. I don't really remember, to be honest. How long was I blacked out for?"
"You missed two whole days of your life!" God, that's long.
"So, I was in a coma?" Mikey nods. No wonder he was worried.
"I told the other guys that you had died. Cal blames himself for it. I'll tell them to come down and see you."

Later, I see Ash, Cal and Luke coming down the corridor. They look awful. Luke looks like he hasn't had any sleep, Cal and Ash both look like they've been crying a lot, especially Cal. He runs over and hugs me.
"I'm so glad you're alive. I'm so sorry I made you do that dare. I promise to be nice to you."
"I forgive you, and you don't need to apologise to me. You're always nice to me. You all are." I say. This makes Luke burst into tears.
"Oh, Luke. I'm fine. No need to cry." I say. He comes over and I cuddle him.
"Group hug." Ash says, laughing and we all have a group hug.
"The doctor says you can go home tomorrow. We'll stay over to keep you company."
"It'll be like old times." I say, laughing as I remember the time that Mikey was snoring and the doctor came to check on me and Mikey farted and it stunk.
"No more farting or snoring." I say to Mikey, who blushes. Luke teases Mikey, who pushes him. They chase each other round the corridor and the rest of us laugh. Luke slips on the wet floor and Mikey sits on him.
"I won't say sorry. Now get off me!" Luke cries.
"Never. Not until you say sorry." Mikey says, grinning. He then sits on Luke's head and farts in his face. Luke pushes Mikey off him and try's to get away from the smell. After a lot of running around, he finally gets some aftershave and sprays it all over himself. It still stinks, now of aftershave instead of farts.
"I'm going to take a shower. I stink now, thanks to that green-haired idiot at the back." he says, pointing to Mikey, who laughs.
"He's an evil master mind, Luke. You'd better watch out or else who knows what happens next." I say to Luke.
"I bloody well will." he says, taking a towel, spare clothes and hair products. (Don't ask why I wrote that. I just did. Oh, well. :)
"Can you guys sing to me?" I ask the remaining guys.
"Sure, what song?" Cal asks.
"The Only Reason." I reply. They begin to sing it.
Luke must have come out of the shower, because he sings as well. I feel tired, so I let them know I'm going to fall asleep and that they must continue the song, I don't know why, and I let their voice sing me to sleep.

That night, I hear snoring, so I know that the boys are asleep. I get out my iPhone and record them. I suddenly stop it when I hear someone coming. I freeze. What now? It's a nurse, coming to check on everyone. I quickly put my iPhone away and I pretend to be asleep, when the nurse comes over to my room. I hear Mikey singing softly to himself. Then, to my horror, he starts to sing loudly. The nurse walks away, shouting the door behind her.
"Shut up, Mikey." Luke mumbles. Mikey laughs.
"Never and if you don't go back to sleep, Mr Hemmings, I'll fart in your face again." he threatens/jokes, sleepily. He then falls asleep and so does Luke. Little do any of them know that I've got a surprise for them in the morning. Oh, boy. This will be good.

The next morning, I get up before any of the boys. I get ready and I'm waiting for them to wake up. They finally wake up, and I smirk.
"What are you smiling at?" Mikey asks, confused. I decide tell them straight out.
"Last night, I woke up and you guys were snoring and I decided to prank you, so I got my mobile out and I recorded you guys. It's pretty hilarious, in my opinion." I explain to them. I show them the video, and I watch as they look at each other. Then they look at me. Their expression changes from half asleep to moody to laughs. They're laughing. It's such a relief. I thought they were cross with me.
"That was fucking hilarious." Cal says. He turns to Mikey. "You snore really loudly, you know?"
"I do now, thanks for that, Katie." Mikey says with a grin. They get ready and the doctor comes and gives me the all clear.
"By the way, Katie, you're staying with us for a few weeks because you're coming on tour with us." Cal says, as we turn to go up the driveway outside the house. What did he just say?