Chapter 34

Mikey's POV.

I look at my iPhone on the plane, scrolling through the music app. I'm so bored, I mean, it's like a 24 hour flight from Australia to England! What can you do when you're stuck on a plane for a whole day?! It's gonna drive you crazy - and I only just got on here; it hasn't even taken flight yet. To try and cure myself from boredom, I go into the artists part on the music app, and scroll down to 5SOS. Yeah, I downloaded our album; I'm proud of it. I play the album from the start, and then I close my eyes, remembering what my mum told me before I went through the departures.

"Now, Michael, are you sure you're making the right choice?"
"Yes, Mum, I'm sure. I'm 18, not 8."
"I know, but you've grown up so fast. In fact, I remember when you were only that 15 year old boy, making YouTube videos with your friends. Now look at you. You're touring the world, supported the biggest boy band in the world, meeting new people, getting a girlfriend, releasing an album. I'm so proud of you, darling, you do know that, right? I'm just worried that you'll come back, all lost and lonely."
"Mum, I promise I'll be responsible. I mean, I got everyone into this mess, so I'm going to get everyone out of it. I love you, Mum. You're the best." I had begun to cry a little. Then I turned my back on her, and I walked through the gates. I'm going to sort this mess out.

My mind goes back to the time I first met Katie.

I walked through the welcoming doors of Willow Brook High School with my 3 best friends, Ashton, Luke and Calum. We were here to do a concert for Year 13, but we were also going to surprise one lucky fan. We had got a list of all the classes, and wrote one girl or boy's name each on a slip of paper, and dropped them into Ashton's hat. We filled in visitors badges, which are a hideous bright yellow colour. Yuck! I got to pick the name of the girl. Whoever got chosen also got to have a day out of lessons, starting at the 2nd period. I put my hand inside the hat, and picked up a slip of paper. I read it out load, so everyone can hear it.
"Katie Black in 13AF." Nice name.
"Let's go find her," Ashton had suggested. We went up two flights of stairs, and we reached a room called History 4, and that's when Luke knocked on the door.
"Um, excuse me, sir, but I'm looking for Katie Black in 13AF." He walked in, and then Ashton and Calum did the same, and that's when I knew it was my cue to walk in. I remember that as is walked in, I noticed the most beautiful girl staring at me. She had black hair, amber eyes, and a beautiful smile. I caught her eye, just for a moment. Then I walked to the front of the class. Ashton asked where Katie was, and a girl with green eyes who was sitting next to the pretty girl who caught my eye, puts up her hand, and says that Katie is next to her. Ashton walked over to her, and took her to the front of the class - towards me. I bent down so I could talk to her.
"How would you like to hang out with us for the day?" I asked her. She looked stunned; I guessed she's was fan of ours, and I could guess by the way she was looking at me, she likes me.
"You ok, love?" I asked her, concerned that I'd freaked her out.
"I'm fine. I would love to hang out with you, Mikey."

"Hello, sir? Are you ok, would you like a drink or some food?" Huh? That isn't a dream, that's real. I wake up to find a woman staring at me. I blush. I guess I must of fallen asleep. How embarrassing; I hope I didn't snore, but knowing my luck, I did.
"Uh, can I have some coffee please?" I ask her.
"Of course, sir. Any food?"
"No, but thank you anyway," I say politely. She moves onto the next row, asking the same question again and again. I lean back into my chair, and fall asleep.

Before I know it, I'm back in England, and I'm taking a cab to the boys' house from the airport, when "Don't Stop" comes on the radio; I laugh.
"Can you turn this one up, please?" I ask the cab driver. He nods, and I sing along.
"Hey, you're in that Aussie band, aren't you?" he asks me. I grin. Bingo!
"Yeah, I'm Michael, the guitarist" I reply. We talk about our favourite bands, and it turns out that the cab driver, who's called Tony, also likes Green Day.
"Here we are," Tony says grinning, as he pulls the cab up outside the house - God, it's been a while since I've been here. I pay him, and thank him. Then I collect my bags and my guitar, and make the short walk up the winding pathway to the front door. I ring the door bell, and wait, anxiety eating away at my self esteem; oh why am I doing this again? However, just as I'm about to turn away, the door opens, and Ashton is there, toothbrush in hand, and toothpaste around his mouth. He's only wearing skinny jeans, no socks or top on. He stares at me, swallows whatever was in his mouth, and continues to stare, as if he cannot believe it's me. Meanwhile, I cannot help but chuckle in surprise.
"Michael?"