Chapter 5: LeahSmyth (Fantasy)

About the author:

Author's Name (Wattpad)?

Seeker or LeahSmyth

Where are you from:? 

I'm from Canada originally, but now I live in the US

Where do you get inspiration from?

All sorts of places! Books, watching people, my dog, floating in the pool and just staring up at the trees.

What are your interests?

I'm a hardcore competitive swimmer and sailor, and I love anything to do with the outdoors. I'm also quite a book worm and love to learn new things.

What genres do you like to read?

I'm mostly a fantasy/adventure fan, but I do occasionally read mystery or romance.

What genres do you like to write?

Fantasy hands down.

What stories do you hate? 

I don't generally hate any type of story, but vampires, high schools and werewolves are starting to get on my nerves.

Any advice for budding authors who don't know where to start?

Just start. Whether its in the middle, beginning or end! If you have an idea, write it down. Making an outline outright is hard, so for a couple days, or hours just collect ideas and mull in them.

_________________________

About the Stories:

What is it called?

The Secrets of Avila

Genres?

Fantasy/Adventure with a touch of Romance thrown in at the end.

Who is the main protagonist (character)?

Nefer (Full name is revealed later)

What are they like?

She has a very willful personality, and has never been afraid to speak her mind. She distrusts many people and has a strong urge to find out what happened to her parents and who she is.

Summary/Synopsis of the story:

To be in the service of the King is considered to be an honour, or so the rumours say. Nefer is one of the few that would disagree. Then again she is regularly caught and beaten for daydreaming, disobedience and a flip flant tongue. Knowing nothing of her past, Nefer feels as if a large part of her is missing. No one had ever bothered to tell her how she had exactly come to be in the personal service of the King. Not even his majesty himself who has always shown her a little kindness. The servants are envious of her special favour, and the visitors to the palace spit at her very existence. Her only friend died when she was seven, and now she is alone. Even in her new life at the school, she trusts no one. Strange things have been occurring around the school, and with the War Games approaching, they have gone unnoticed.