1~last day in Derry

This is set in modern times so yeah phones will be a thing

Richies POV

I woke up pretty late as usual. I walk downstairs to my father watching TV with a beer in his hand as always.

"So Rich whatcha doing today?" He asked.

I was happy because he wasn't drunk, he must've only had one or two drinks.

"Um I was just gonna hang out with my friends like usual?" I said in a questioning voice because he never asks where I go and why because he doesn't care.

"Well come back sooner or later because I have something important to tell you."

I nodded and ran outside and got on my bike.
I rode to the park where the rest of the losers were.
I waved to them with a stupid smile on my face.
Then I met eyes with Eddie. I wasn't sure how I felt about Eddie Kaspbrak.
He's my best friend obviously I mean he means the world to me, but the past year I've been thinking maybe I like him?
I don't know....what I do know is that he's cute. I joke with him about that but I'm not kidding but, Eddie being cute has nothing to do with me actually liking him. I'm really not sure, I've talked to Bill about my feelings for Eddie and how they seem to grow every day but all he can do is be there for me.
But I doubt eds would ever like me like that anyways.

"Hey eds." I said smiling.

"Hey." He said rolling his eyes about me calling him eds.

We just did random stuff and luckily we still had a couple weeks until school started again when we would be going into high school.

~~~

When I came back home my Dad was sitting in the kitchen. I came in slowly.
I tried to walk upstairs but my dad stopped me.

"No Richie come sit down, I told you I had to talk to you." he said in a stern voice.

I sigh and walk over to the kitchen and sit down across from him.

"I...uh."he said not being able to get it out.

"What?"

He sighed, "you're moving."

I laugh a little in confusion. He's probably drunk and talking nonsense, he does that a lot.

"I'm not kidding Richard." he said.

I look at him confused and say, "dad I know we have no money, we're not moving are you on something?"

I add a little laugh.

"I never said we're moving." he says with a pause.
I look up at him again.

"you're moving." he finishes.

"dad are you drunk or high or both?"

"Richard take me seriously." He said getting a little angry.

"Well dad you're making no sense." I say raising my voice.

"Well then let me explain!" he yells.

I flinch and slump down into the chair.

"Sorry" he says to my reaction to his yelling.

He never apologizes, but I just roll my eyes.

"So your mother..." He started.

I genuinely start getting anxious because my dad never speaks about my mom. Of course I've always wondered where she is but anytime when I was younger and tried to ask about her my dad got mad and wouldn't explain anything. So we haven't brought her up in years.
I always assumed she left or died or something when I was a baby.