Freedom

Remus' brain registered a happy baby smell as he woke from his nap, signifying his cub was awake and in a good mood. He smiled at the soft little mumbles Harry made as he talked quietly to himself. "Harry, Cub?"

"Ah!" Harry startled, looking spooked at the sudden sound of his Moomy talking. He had been lost in his own Little world. Harry had a great imagination because it had been his only escape before Hogwarts.

"Sorry, Baby." Remus apologized, kissing his forehead. "Are you ready for your presents?"

"Presents?" Harry looked hesitant. Vernon had promised him presents before and then beaten him. The Dursleys had drilled into his head that Freaks don't deserve presents.

"You'll like them, Sweetheart." Remus needed to erase that bitter fear scent from his Cub's scent. His cub needed to keep the happy baby smell that told Remus all was well, not this bitter almond smell.

"Okay, Moomy." Harry whispered, curling in the werewolf's lap as Daddy went to get the gifts. Sirius returned with the gifts and resized them all.

"Okay, start with this one." Sirius gave Harry a large sized package that held a Wizarding trainset that looked just like the Hogwarts express. It was practically a standard gift to give to Wizarding children for those who could afford it.

Harry stared at it and then at Sirius. He was enamored with the gift but was afraid it would be taken. "All for me?"

"Yes, Bambi. It's just for you, Sweetheart. It's yours. All of these are yours." Sirius sounded a bit hoarse. He gave Harry all the toys and books first, Harry repeating Thank You over and over with each one.

"Then we've got some other things." Remus set a box in Harry's lap and heard the pleased gasp as Harry pulled out a new winter coat with the Potter Family Crest and the Black Family Crest.

Harry loved all of his new clothing, refusing to take off his new coat until Remus showed him a sweater with both crests on it too. He watched his Moomy carefully put each item in a dresser drawer that was empty and in the wardrobe.

"We'll save your own room for once we get a new place." Sirius was cuddling his Pup closely. "Then you can decorate it."

"No cupboard?" Harry looked stunned, big green eyes tearing up. He couldn't believe they WANTED to give him a bedroom of his own. One that would be entirely his, not a store room that was filled with broken stuff.

"Absolutely not!" Sirius growled and then took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean to shout. You'll never ever go back in a cupboard again."

"We won't allow it." Remus added, sitting by his Lover and his Cub. "You are our Little Boy."

"Love you, Daddy! Love you, Moomy!" Harry wailed, looking overwhelmed. He was completely unused to so much love and affection.

"We love you so much, Cub." Remus wrapped his arms around Sirius and Harry. "Shh, shh. It's okay."

"Oh, Harry." Sirius clutched the Little to his chest even more. He had such an intense want to go hex the Dursleys black and blue with bruises and use all the dark spells he'd been made to learn. "Daddy and Moomy are here for you. C'mon, Baby. You're okay."

He let Harry under his shirt, using a wandless charm to make it a bit bigger so Harry wouldn't be crushed. Sirius felt how Harry took comfort in being able to hide yet be close to his caregivers. It made him pleased that Harry sought comfort from him.

Remus inhaled deeply, taking in the combined scents of his mate and his cub and rumbling in pleasure. Moony had been slightly more active lately due to the new Bond in his Pack. Their Cub was even more theirs now and it pleased Moony.

"You're ours til the end of the world." Sirius sounded like he would cry, making a firm promise to his Little Boy. "I'm not letting you go again."

"Neither am I." Remus held both of them, feeling his protective instincts bubble up over him. These were HIS packmates and no one could take them from him ever again.