Chapter 30: The Box

Sorry everyone. 😬 I never intended to make you wait this late. I wanted to update the day after that, but I had a little block. I knew what I wanted to say but not how to say it. This is a short chapter because I didn't want to make you wait anymore.

Gasps escaped the mouths of everyone there as what was in the box was revealed.

Author's POV:

    The officer pulled the lid up and held up a beautiful vintage ring.

    Every one was dazzled by its beauty and expensiveness.  It was his grandmothers ring that she had left for him to give to his special someone. Along with it inside where pictures of him and his grandparents and letters addressed to Jungkook from his grandmother.

    The box was very precious to Jungkook because his grandparents were like his only family. When they died, he felt so empty inside. It was just the tip of the iceberg that turned him into the guy he is today. Without them, he longed for a loving caring family, and he was going to get it no matter what. Even if it took a little force.

    "Now that you have found my most cherished possessions are you done invading my privacy." Jungkook smiled cockily at Namjoon as he was happy that they didn't find the other box.

    Namjoon reluctantly called off the search. He still felt it in his gut that something was off but there was nothing he could do about it. Once all the cops were gone, Jungkook rushed back into his house, which was now trashed, and into his room. He lifted up the rug that was held in place by his bed and examined the one of the floor boards. Under the loose board lied the other box. Jungkook was relieved when he found that it was untouched.

    The next thing to do was to called Jin. He needed to find out where he and Jimin were and why they left without asking. He wasn't worried because knew Jin wouldn't do anything to go against him. Even if Jimin told him the truth, he wouldn't believe him thanks to the story Jungkook made up. He was just angry they left without permission. The phone rang a few times before he heard a groggy voice.

    "H-hello?"

    "Jin? Where you sleeping?" Jungkook said out of confusion and anger. How was he supposed to be watching Jimin if he was sleeping?

    "I guess I was." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

    "Where are you and where's Jimin?"

    "He might be in the bathroom. I'll check with his nurse."

    "Nurse?! What the f-. Are you at a hospital?" Jungkook panicked. Yes he was worried about Jimin, but he was even more worried about what he would do or attempt to do now that he was out of the house.

    "Darn it. Jimin didn't want me to tell you. He didn't want you to worry." Jin felt bad as he gave away the secret so easily. "I had to take him to the hospital. This morning when I came, he bleeding in between his legs. I asked him what happened and he said he started cutting again."

"He what?" 'Cutting? Jimin isn't the type to cut himself. At least I think.' Jungkook thought, but his mind drifted back to the fact that Jimin didn't want Jin to tell. 'Is it because of what I said about Jin finding out or is he up to something?'

"Yeah, he's fine now, but I have to apologize Kookie. At first I thought you might have done something to him. I should have known better. You never do something like that."

"Of course not hyung." Jungkook laughed nervously. "What did the doctor say?"

"I don't know. Jimin asked me to leave as he came in. It looked like the doctor was concerned about something, but Jimin told me that everything was fine." Jungkook cursed himself. The doctor must have known that Jimin was raped. Jimin might have even confessed everything.

"I'm coming now. Stay where you are."

"Wait Kook. That might not be necessary."

"Why not?"

"I just talked to the nurse, and... Jimin's gone."

"WHAT!" Jungkook yelled so loud that Jin dropped the phone. Jungkook was furious to say the least. Jin quickly picked up the phone and brought it back to his ear.

"Geez Kook, calm down. We'll find him I promise."

"How the fuck did you let him get away!"

"I don't know. He must have left while I was asleep, which is strange because I wasn't even sleepy." Jungkook hated himself for leaving his love in the hands of someone so stupid. (His words not mine)

    "You idiot! I trusted you!" He shouted out of pure anger.

    "Hey I'm your hyung! You can't talk to me like that and stop worrying! It's not the end of the world. We'll find him."

    "It might be the end of the world for you hyung." Jungkook said more to himself rather than through the phone. "Stay there. I'm on my way now." He hung up not waiting for Jin to respond. "So you're trying to run again huh? The moment I get you back -because I will get you back- I'll make sure you regret it." Jungkook smirked evilly.

——

I think I'll ask this IMPORTANT question now.

❤️Red or Blue?💙

The context does not matter. Just know that it is IMPORTANT, so choose wisely.