Chapter 41: Confessions

Soooo it's been two months 😬.

Author's POV:

Jimin and Yoongi went to the backyard of the house after asking one of the officers where Namjoon was. They found him there examining some foot prints.

    "Hyung." Jimin called.

    "Oh Jimin. There you are-" He paused when he turned to see Yoongi standing next to the teacher. "I thought I told you to stay in the car." Namjoon frowned being annoyed that Yoongi didn't listen.

    "It's alright Namjoon hyung. It's not important right now, but I am really worried." Jimin said with tears eyes while twisting the vintage ring on his finger.

    "Why is that? What's wrong? Did he try to contact you?" Namjoon dropped everything.

    "No. It's my brother. He left a while ago and he wouldn't tell me where he was going. I'm afraid that Jungkook has gotten to him or will get to him."

    "What? He left? I specially told everyone that no one is to come in and no one is to leave! What the hell are they doing up there!" Namjoon shouted causing Jimin to flinch and all of the other cops around to turn their attention towards them. He'd never seen the man so angry. Not even when Hobi died, but then he realized the dark circles under his eyes and how fatigued he looked. This case was surely taking a toll on him as well.

    "Hyung calm down." Yoongi intervened stepping closer to the detective. "What matters now is that we find the guy before Jungkook does." Namjoon roughly ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're right. I'll get a search party together to go find him and bring him back. What I need from you two is-" A ringing a sound cut the older off. He realized that the sound was coming from his pocket. After excusing himself and walking over to the side to answer the call, Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other and then back to Namjoon. They could tell by the look on his face that something was wrong. When Namjoon hung up the phone, he roughly flung it across the yard. Luckily it landed on grass so it didn't break.

    "What's going on?" Jimin rushed over to the detective.

    "It's Jin." He said before rubbing his large hands over his face covering it.

    "Jin? What about him? Is he alright-"

    "He escaped." Namjoon cut him off while dropping his hands to his sides. He was fuming. It just seemed to always be one thing after another. Jungkook would not let him catch a break, but he refused to give up. He was not going to let that delinquent get away with this. Not after all of the harm he's caused.

——

~(Flashback)~

It was had been 5 hours and still no word from Jin. Jungkook had been pacing back and forth ever since they got home. His grandmother tried to reassure him by telling him that she's sure Jin is alright and that he needed to calm down.

"Grandma it's been 5 hours now. What could he possibly be doing?" Jungkook paused from his paces turning to his grandmother who just came back from putting Yungjin to sleep.

"Jungkook do you really think he would leave his baby without us if he was not coming back?"

"No but-" Jungkook was cut off by the door opening. "Jin hyung!" The young boy ran over to the older hugging him tightly. He was so relieved, but that soon went away when he looked back up at his hyung's face. He had a black eye and a busted lip.

"Oh my goodness. Come sit down honey." The elderly woman dragged Jin over to the couch full of concern.

"H-hyung what happened?" Jungkook added while taking a seat next to Jin. There was a moment of silence before the older's eyes started to water.