Chapter 39: Just Another Victim

This chapter man 👀. Imma just let y'all read it.

I wanted to scream, but before I could, he covered my mouth. What is he going to do to me?

Author's POV:

"Please don't scream. I promise I'm here to help. I came here with Namjoon. He wanted me to stay in the car, but I really needed to talk to you." Jimin relaxed a little remembering that they're surrounded by policemen, so he nodded at the younger as an ok that he won't scream and the younger let go.

"Yoongi what are you doing here?"

"I know that you probably don't trust me now and that's ok, but I have to know. Did Jungkook really do it? Did he kill Hobi hyung? He keeps denying it, Tae hyung doesn't remember anything, and you were the only other person there besides Hobi hyung." Jimin could see the hurt in his eyes. He knew then that Yoongi was truly not going to hurt him. He was hurt himself. Just another victim of Jungkook's wrath. "I know Hobi hyung probably told you what I did and I'm sorry. Jungkook tricked me into thinking that your relationship was consensual. I never meant to hurt anyone and I actually wanted to make it up to hyung. Well before.. it happened."

    "It's ok Yoongi. Jungkook has tricked a lot if not all of us. Don't feel bad. None of this is your fault. As for Hobi, I sorry but.. h-he is really gone. I watched it happen. He was trying to save me, but Jungkook was much quicker. There was nothing either of us could have done." Jimin said getting a bit choked up at the memory.

That moment was all it took for Yoongi to finally realize that Hobi was gone, and he was never coming back. He suddenly dropped onto his knees in front of Jimin. Jimin got down to his level and cupped his face. Yoongi was silently crying. Jimin pulled him quickly but gently into a hug. He felt bad for the younger. They stayed like that for a minute until Yoongi suddenly broke the hug and the silence.

    "I'm going to kill that bastard." He pushed Jimin away and was about to storm off that is until Jimin grabbed his wrist.

    "Yoongi no. You can do that." Yoongi ripped his wrist away and turned to Jimin.

    "Why the hell not?! He's ruining our lives! Why are you protecting him?!" He spat out. He felt that Jimin of all people should understand where he was coming from.

    "I'm not protecting him. I'm protecting you. If you kill him, it won't matter what he did. You'll be the one getting the jail time. Your life isn't ruined because you lost Hobi, but it will be if you stoop down to his level. Trust me. I want him gone just as much as you do." Yoongi calmed down realizing that Jimin was right.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Yoongi sat down on the top step and buried his face into his hands.

"We've got to let Namjoon handle it. I've already tried to stop him on my own, and it only made things worse." He sat back down on the swing.

"Alright fine." Yoongi was still not one hundred percent ok with the plan, but he went along with it for now.

"Good. Now let's go find Namjoon. Some of these cops are starting to creep me out, and I need to tell him about my brother." Jimin got up again.

"What about him?" Yoongi furrowed his brow not even knowing he had a brother.

"He went out alone with Jungkook still out there roaming around. I'm worried. Especially since Jungkook already threatened his life earlier."

"Why didn't you stop him or go after him?"

"I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen, and I can't go after him thanks to Jungkook making me a suspect with that whole bull shit story he told Namjoon."