CHAPTER 4: The Mysterious Band Leader

Jace

I'll be in the Philippines next week.

It's been a long time since the last time I've been there. My grandma lives in one of the provinces. And she and my mom will be watching our concert soon. And I can't wait to see them.

It's time to show the world to show who I am. No more hide and seek.

I've already shown the world a chunk of what they will expect to see on my last concert.

The world only knew me as Jace and they have not seen my face.

They will be surprised. SHE will be surprised.

The reporter that I requested will be covering our concert like a reality tv show. By the thought of her, it made me smile.

"Man, what's with the grin? You day dreamin'?" Mike, my drummer asked holding his drum sticks while doing air drumming.

I snapped and looked at him.

Mike have been with me since college days. He knows my history, my past.

Been a year since we've made it to this venture of being rock stars.

Unlike the other bands, my boys are clean, I'm clean. We've agreed that none of us will be getting to drugs. I've seen what it can do. I've seen it took my old man's life 3 years ago. It destroyed him. It destroyed my mom's life and my life. We've been through a lot.

But that's the past. And this is the present. And we're now living our dreams. But not for me.

This dream is not complete yet. It's still missing a piece and I ought to complete it.

I used to have it in my hands but it slipped away. My fault. Soon enough. And I smiled.

Soon...

"Hey!" Mike taking my attention back to him. "You givin' me creeps. What you grinnin' 'bout?" He asked again raising his left eyebrow.

Man, he looks ridiculous when he does that.

"Nothing. Just thinking about our up coming concert in Philippines. And my family." I lied.

"It's been so long since the last time I've been there and I miss my grandma and mom." I added.

Mike stopped his air drumming and looked me straight in the eyes for a while.

He's not buying it.

Mike smirked. Without blinking he said, "Don't give me bullshit, man. I know you. That little reporter you requested to cover our concert, I know you plannin' somethin', so spill it out."

I thought so. I sighed. Defeated. But can't tell him yet. So I kept quiet.

He noticed my silence. So he continued his interrogation.

"Whatever you plannin' back there in you head, I'm not gonna interfere. I know you smart, man. And by the grin I saw earlier..." he clicked his tongue and added, "it's not about you family you thinkin'. But I'ma support you with it. You no trouble, man. And I know that." He looked away and continue practicing with his air drumming.

I smirked about what he said. His right though. I really can't hide from his sharp senses. He knows me too well.

This guy... even though we just finished our rehearsal, he is still practicing his drum skills by air drumming. This dude have alot of stamina under his skin. I admire him for that.

He may look like a dumbhead but he's really sharp.

I'm about to open my mouth when my other two boys arrived in the living room. Probably from partying with some groupies. A little bit drunk. But still functional.