CHAPTER 16: Getting Drunk

Joyce

After we have finish eating, my sister and I have gone to her house. Surprisingly it is located in the same city where Jace and band now reside.

I have never known my sister to be this successful in her life. I mean, being an IT is sure is a fulfilling job. She now have a nice big house, big enough for her to build her own family. I wonder why she is still single.

Maybe I can hook her up with one of the boys in Jace's band.

I know she is a fan of Dark Side. So maybe I can bring her sometime to Jace's mansion.

Yeah, maybe I'll do that once I've cool down, but for now I don't want to see Jace's face. I'm still mad at him. We need some serious talking and I don't want any secrets anymore. My life is literally in danger right now, but I don't care. I want to have a good time with my sister right now.

"You like it?" Caren cut into my train of thought while gaping at her house.

"Yeah! I mean, I have no idea you have already saved this much! You sure are successful right now, sis! I'm so proud of you!" I say to her and pulled her for a big hug.

She giggled after the hug and shrugged the comment and smiled shyly at her success. She has always been modest about everything but she's also fiesty just like me.

"Nah, it's the least I can do. It's the dream that I always wanted for our parents, you're biological parents. It has always been thier dream to have a better life that they never had, so here it is." I see her sad expression while checking out the result of her hard work.

I know she have struggled her way up from scratch but she has always been the hard worker herself and that's what I'm proud of.

"Well, enough of the drama, we still have alot of time for ourselves so let's get settled in, shall we?" She tagged me along inside her house.

Once she open the door, you will immediately see a hallway straight to the living room. The house's interior is amazingly have a homey feeling to it. Painted in plain white, and mable flooring, furnished with hand-crafted wooden furnitures from the couch to the center table. There is also a flat screen tv hook on the wall with other entertainment appliances such as a sense-surround sound system, dvd player and such.

On the right of the living room is dining area good with 6-8 person dining table made also from hand-crafted wood with intricate flowery designs. And on the left side of the dining area, you can see the over the counter kitchen with its modern and stylish kitchen appliances and wares.

"Nice..." I muttered.

"You like it?" She asked smilling at my impressed reaction.

"Wait till you see the bedrooms upstairs! I also have an intertainment room if you want to check it out. I know you like singing, so we can hang out there and sing our hearts out and drink till we drop!" She squealled.

I laughed at her excitement. Well I know she hates singing but for my sake, she is willing to go out of her comfort zone for me.

"I'll just bring out the beer so we can go upstairs." Then she rushed to the fridge and took out 2 packs of 6 cans of beers.

We walked passed back from the kitchen to the living room and went upstairs. In the second floor of her house, there are four door. Two bedrooms, her office room and her entertainment room.

We passed the first three rooms and went straight to the entertainment room.

She have a large U shaped cream colored leather couch and a glass center table with remote controlls in the middle.