Chapter 32: Move Like A Ninja

Joyce

No, no, no, no!

I just got my freedom and here is the man I am not happy to see - Sanchez!

I did not let him react to why am I even here. I immediately pushed the button of the retractable metal rod and it expanded and I let my body on autopilot and move as fast as my body can allow.

I hit him in a swift move on the side of his neck to stun him. Then, made a swift turn to kick him on the left shin and a crack was heard. I guess I broke it? But I didn't let that stop what I did. My main focus is to escape this hell hole and get out. Fast!

What I did to Sanchez was simply to stun and immobilize him so I can move. I ran out of the Maintenance room, leaving Sanchez doubling over. I can hear him grunt, groan and shouting curses in spanish. I'm a Filipino and I understand some of it.

I racked my brain while running where to head to, then that's when I heard the alarm.

"Shit!" Crap! They now know I escaped. I ran faster and I can see now the door that leads to the parking lot and I'm almost there. I ran faster to my freedom.

Then the door open. I didn't let that deter me, I ran even faster than I could ever imagine without even thinking-I'm in survival mode.

A gun was the first thing I see and I crouched down so that I will be out of the guy's line of sight and used the retractable metal rod to swipe him hard in the abdomen to double him over. I clutched my free hand into a fist and gave him a mean upper cut, making him to step back. I know that it is not enough to take him down to never-neverland, so using the metal as fast as I can muster I hit the guy's temple to render him unconscious with a loud 'haah' and he went down with a loud 'thud' on the cold concrete floor.

"Holy shit..." said a male voice. I snapped my head up to look who it was and what I see first is the words 'SWAT' written in his chest.

"Shit! Jace, we found her she just knock Otis down real good!" the swat guy said and utter a quiet 'Damn'. My brain was still trying to rewire everything in my head. Trying to figure out what is happening until Jace face showed up behind the guy who is now crouching down to the man I just knocked-down.

Jace rushed to me and gave me a tight hug. "Joyce! Fuck, are you okay?" His eyes scanned my body for any injuries, but my brain is still running with adrenaline and so is my body and still trying to comprehend everything.

"I'm...uh, Jace? Is that really you?"

Jace just chuckles, then a shout was heard from where I came from.

"Find her and get her now!" That was Sanchez, shouting down the hall.

"Sanchez! Let's get the hell out of here now." I said to Jace. His jaw is taut and flexing. I know what he was thinking. He needs to capture Sanchez and hand him over to authorities no matter what it takes. But he's torn between my safety and subduing Sanchez.

We heard a deep groan and looked down. Otis, thank god is still alive, slowly got up.

"Otis get Joyce out of here, now. Samchez is just down the hall and we need her in safe grounds." My eyes widened in horror, because he will be in there and God only knows what will happen there.

"No..." I whimpered weakly, adrenaline slowly simpering out of my veins making me feel weak all of a sudden.

Jace ignored my plea and gave Otis a stiff nod, which he returned curtly, then I was led out of the place as swiftly as they could, leaving Jace and the others to handle Sanchez and his henchmen alone. We were running down a long hallway when a series of gunfire echoed throughout the walls. More men came rushing in to assist Jace's team, passing us along the way until we reached the parking lot, where more swat teams are waiting and guarding the area. I hear commands coming out of the comm unit of Otis' ear piece. I hear Jace shouting orders along with the gunshots, trying to drown out his words.