Chapter 30: Geared Up

Jace

It's been days since Sanchez took Joyce and I'm getting really agitated by the minute of every day.

My men searched and search every nick and corner in every place that Sanchez's possible hideout.

The NBI is helping the FBI and InterPol in capturing Sanchez's, however every lead and location they find and posses leads to dead-end or false information, and this makes me fücking angry everytime.

My hands are itching to strangle Sanchez's neck. I need Joyce back before the concert. I can't let that drugs to go public. It's too fucking dangerous.

Terrence, thank goodness is now in the hospital recovering. Otiz team, worked faster than the local and foreign cops combined.

Damn his daughter and their wierd hobby. Otiz's daughter is a certified chemist.

Surprise, surprise.

Just like what Sanchez told us, the drug sample we got is a combination of pretty dangerous drugs. A thin film strip contains chemicals that is only used for making cocaine, shabu, ecstasy, a date rape drug and other hallucenogen, artifial coloring and mint flavoring to cover it up.
Sanchez's genious creation is deadly to anyone who will consume it.

The doctor at the hospital questioned us about what Terrence consumed. We didn't tell them anything but a breath mint. We told them that the cops are already investigating it as food poisoning. But the doctor didn't believe us. I told them to talk to the police who handles the situation and they stopped questioning us with it.

Otiz daughter had found a way to detoxify the chemicals from Terrence's body. She said it's some kind of tea. But based on Terrence reaction... I don't wanna even know what's in it.

After just one glass of that dreaded concuction, Terrence kept on peeing and sweating terribly like a fish drenched in iodized salt in winter. Within three days, Terrence blood came out clean of any drug residue.

"I'm not trying anything anytime ever again." He said last night after Otiz inquired if he is willing to sample something when they get back in NYC after all of this.

Terrence will be discharge tomorrow before the concert starts in the evening. And I still have no lead to where Joyce or Sanchez is.

I kicked the large speaker beside me making my bandmates stop the music and turn their heads towards me.

I shouted and screamed my frustrations out, gripping my head and trying to prevent more damage inside the recording room than needed.

I don' care about damned speaker. It's the least if my concerns.

I can't put my head straight and I'm in the middle of my fucking band rehearsal and all I think about is our retrieval mission and putting an end to Sanchez's drug business.

Mike came to me, patted my shoulder as I lean on to the wall.

"You're going to find her, man. Just keep it cool. You'll find the right lead soon." He whispered. I know he's worried. They all are.

Then the door burst open showing a distressed and wide-eyed, sweating Otiz, making our heads snapped towards him.

"We found her!" He shouted.

"W-what?" A lump seems to block my throat, unable to pronounce the damn word any clearer. "What did you just say?" I asked again, this time loud and clear.

"My team finally found her! And not just that. We found her in the same location where she was first kidnapped. At the City of Dreams, Manila. Same hotel but we're not sure exactly what room she's in!" Explained Otiz.