Ch. 20

Prom was coming up in a few days and I was currently dress shopping with my mom.

Brent had asked me and I of course said yes. He asked with a heart shaped pizza, it was adorable I just had to say yes. Matt I think was going with Lizzie, like I would care.

(A/N: You know you do 😉)

We were entering the third shop today and I still couldn't find the perfect dress. While in the dressing room, my mom handed me a dress.

It was probably gonna be a Mormon dress. I was surprised when I saw what I was looking at. It was strapless with a sweet heart neckline and above the waist was silver rhinestones. Below the waist was a magenta color with a front slit. I put it on and it was perfect.

"Mom, it's perfect!"

"Let me see." I stepped outside and she motioned for me to turn.

"It looks wonderful on you, darling."

"This it, this is the one."

"Defiantly." I went back inside the dressing room and took it off. We paid at the register and walked out. We were about to leave when I felt my stomach growl.

"I'm feeling a bit hungry. Can we go to the food court?"

"Yeah, sure." As we walked in I saw Matt kissing some random girl and I know it wasn't Lizzie.

I turned right back around and started walking towards the exit. I know I said I didn't care but obviously I lied. I should have known Matt was one of those guys to go from girl to girl.

I rushed out quicker as I tried to hide the tears in my eyes.

"Cece, I thought you wanted to go to the food court."

"I decided not to."

"Celia what happened."

"Nothing. Can we just go home?"

"Fine." I walked through the front door of my house and went up to my room. I laid out on my bed trying to stop my tears from falling.

I shouldn't be crying over some jerk like him. Then my sub conscience took over my thoughts, you know you still like him no matter what he does.

I knew it was true deep down even if I didn't want it to. I know what you're thinking too, you're the one who broke up with him. It was a respected decision at the time but now I'm starting to regret it. I decided to text Brent to keep my mind off of things.

To: Brenty 😎😋

Hey poopy head 💩

From: Brenty 😎😋

Nice way to greet the guy who's taking you to prom.

To: Brenty 😎😋

Well you know I'm always so nice and considerate to others 💁

From: Brenty 😎😋

Haha

To: Brenty 😎😋

Hey wanna go to the pizza place near my house.

From: Brenty 😎😋

Sure, meet you there.

From my closet I grabbed my purple hello kitty shirt and a pair of random jeans.

"Mom I'm going for some pizza with Brent!" I grabbed my vans by the front door.

"Be back by 9!" She yelled back.

"Okay!" Brent was standing by the front door of the restaurant as I walked up.

"Well hello lovely lady." He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked to a table.

"Guess what I did today!?"

"What!?" He got excited from just hearing the excitement in my voice.

"I went to the mall today and got my prom dress."

"Will I get to see you model it later on today?" There was a slight smirk on his lips. I lightly shoved his chest, sliding a bit over in the booth we were sharing.

"Eww, ya nasty. You'll have to wait until prom to see."

"Fine but I know whatever it is you'll look beautiful in it." He pulled me back closer to him by your waist. Leaning down, he lightly pecked my lips.

"Brent, why are you so nice to me?"

"What, do you want me to act like a jerk?" He laughed lightly but then saw the seriousness in my eyes.

"Seriously Brent, why?"

"Because Cece-" He poked my nose, making a small smile to form on my face.

"You are a nice and sweet girl, with an amazing sense of humor. You can walk into any room and instantly lighten the room. You're so caring to everyone, always putting others feelings before your own." I looked up into his eyes and so the admiration in them.

"Plus, it doesn't hurt that you're pretty cute." He laughed when I scoffed playfully.

After the pizza Brent had suggested a movie and we decided on watching the Giver. He had his arm around my shoulders as we watched. Towards the end I rested my head on his shoulder. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

The next day, I walked into the looming high school building. I was hoping I wasn't going to see Matt today especially after what happened at the mall yesterday.

Unfortunately, I had no such luck. We passed each other in the hallway. I tried not making eye contact but Matt only seemed to be looking at me.

Brent walked up next to me and I could see a flash of anger in Matt's eyes before he finally looked away.

Was Matt really jealous that I was trying to move on which he seemed to be able to do so easily?

Did Matt truly still love me? It can't be possible. Or could it? I tried to push the thought out of my mind as Brent kissed my cheek.