Ch. 11

I was currently pacing my room waiting for Matt to text me that he was here. My phone buzzed as I saw that I got a text from him.

From: My Dino 😘😏

I'm right outside

To: My Dino 😘😏

I'm coming down now

I ran to the door so that I could open it before my parents did.

Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough as I saw Dad opening the door for Matt.

I could see that Matt was a bit nervous to meet my dad but he is actually pretty calm. His stress tonight would be my mom.

"Dad I see you've met Matt."

"Yeah, actually like him a bit." Matt had the biggest smile on his face when he said that.

Soon my mom walked in to let us know that dinner was almost ready. You could sense my mom looking Matt up and down.

I got up and grabbed Matt's wrist pulling him into the kitchen with me.

"Come on help me set the table." I whispered.

"Your mom doesn't like me. It is pretty clear." He whispered back. I tried reassuring him but I knew he was right.

We walked into the kitchen and Matt helped with the table. From a mile away you could sense Mom staring at him.

While Matt was busy with the table I pulled Mom aside.

"Mom can't you at least try to like him. He means a lot to me."

"I can try."

"Also can you stop staring, it's making everyone uncomfortable."

"Sorry I'm trying to protect my little girl." With that she walked back into the kitchen.

I soon walked in after her. My mom announced that dinner was finally ready. My table can sit six people, 2 on each side and 1 on each end.

Matt of course sat next to me on my left. No on sat on my right at one of the ends. My brother sat on Matt's left at the other end. Mom and Dad sat across from me and Matt.

It was silent for awhile until Dad started a conversation.

"So Matt tell me about yourself."

"Well, I play football for school. I have three siblings, I'm the youngest and they are all at college most of the time. Um, I use this app called vine and I kind of got a bit famous on it so I do meet and greets around the country. This makes me travel alot, which I love. That's pretty much it." Dad smiled a little which gave Matt a bit of relief.

"Matt how is your school like?" Mom asked.

"Uh, I'm an A and B student. I don't cause too much trouble in class. I might start online school next year because I miss a lot of school days when I travel and sometimes it's hard to catch up." After that we pretty much just talked about little things here and there.

When everyone was done eating I walked with Matt to his car.

"I think I did pretty good."

"I think so too." Matt leaned down and kissed me before opening the car door and getting in. I waved goodbye while opening the house door.

"I like him." Dad said when I walked through the door.

"He's nice and polite. I like him a lot." Dad continued.

"Mom what about you, what did you think of Matt?" Mom stayed quiet for a little while before answering.

"He's nice but I don't know about the whole online school thing."

"It's better than him missing school days and not learning anything."

"You're right." I walked up the stairs and into my room.

Once I closed my bedroom door, I called Matt. After the first ring he picked up.

"Just couldn't get enough of me could ya." You could here the smirk in his voice.

"Hahaha, you're so funny."

"I love the sarcasm. Anyway what's up?"

"Not really doing anything. What about you?"

"Just sitting here on my bed."

"They loved you by the way."

"They just couldn't resist the Matt charm."

"A little full of ourselves aren't we?"

"But seriously, they liked me!?"

"Yeah. Even my mom."

"Great. Oh I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I....."

===========================

A bit of a short chapter but cliffhanger at the end.

Lot more drama coming up soon