Act 24: Surrounded By Mirrors

"Raiton: Dragon Thunder!" Mirai chanted, before her lightening chakra was surrounding her in a dragon-like form. "I did it." Suddenly she ran towards Seiichi, who had been watching her. As he walked towards her, he was startled by her flying arms around his neck. "I did it, I did it, I did it!"

"Whoa! Hahaha! You sure so happy after getting it."

"Well of course! That jutsu is the only Raiton one that I've invented by myself. Without daddy helping me!"

"Oi, credits to me. You won't get to control it without my Glass Dust."

"Sheesh... That just acted as the guide to my Lightning chakra's flow," Mirai said, as she poked his shoulder, before Seiichi crossed his arms over his chest, sulking.

"Not fair!"

"Hai hai... Thank you, Seiichi-kun," she thanked as she tightly hugged his arm. "My spoiled lover."

"Oi... Calling me 'spoiled' again..."

"Aren't you?" she giggled, as they started to leave the small training ground. "I'm joking nee... Don't make that face with me..."

"Huh..." They were still walking when suddenly Mirai pulled Seiichi into a hug. "H-Hey... Mirai-chan..."

She stayed still, with her face nuzzled into his neck. "I don't know why am I feeling... like I'm going to lose you..." She looked up to meet his eyes. He smiled as he caressed her cheek. "Seiichi-kun..."

"Even so you're going to lose me... I'll look for you. So don't you worry, okay?" Seiichi convinced her, as he caressed her hair.

"Okay..." Mirai mumbled, as he placed a kiss on her forehead. With that, they continued to walk and entered the small village. "I'll just... go home now..."

"A-Ah... Okay..." She bowed her head down and was about to turn around when Seiichi suddenly called her name. "Mirai-chan?"

"Hm?"

"Can we... meet tonight? I want... to show you something..."

"Well, that's okay for me."

"We'll meet at the south gate."

"Why-"

"I want to... do it in the forest, by the river," he said sullenly, making her a bit puzzled. "I'll wait for you."

"A-Ah okay. I'll wait for you." She watched the prince made his way towards his palace, while she was still confused with his sudden request.

~~~~~~~~~

"Mirai, where are you going?" Shiruma asked, as he saw Mirai was opening the door, ready to leave their temporary house.

"Seiichi wanted to meet me," Mirai told him as she glanced at him. But then, she had noticed the worried expression he had wore on his face.

"A-Ah... Okay... Be safe."

"Okay..." With a doubt, she left the house and started to walk. "'Be safe'? I've met Seiichi many times, and now he said that?" She placed her hand on her abdomen, patting it. "Shiroi. Protect me." As she walked through the village, she felt oddness in the air. "Oh... Seiichi-kun?" she called out softly as she saw Seiichi was leaning against the gate.

"Oh you're here," he said, as she approached him. "So then... let's go?" He held out his hand, and she took it with hers before they walked towards the river in the deep forest.

As they heard the sound of splashing water, Seiichi began to slow down his pace, as Mirai quickly ran towards the riverside and looked up at the night starry sky. "Ah, it's a full moon tonight."