Replacement Family

Maya's POV

Here he was. My father the man I swore I would never see again was standing right in front of me.

"Dad," I yelled again.

"Maya it's so good to see you," my dad said running up to me and pulling me into a hug.

When my dad pulled me into a hug I didn't hug him back right away. I only hugged him back when I saw Riley's face basically telling me to hug him back.

The hug lasted a little over 10 seconds it felt nice to have someone to hug, but I didn't get what I wanted from the hug. I thought when we hugged I would have this big weight lifted off my chest, but it still felt as if I was hugging some random stranger.

"It's been so long," my dad said letting go of me.

"Yeah too long," I responded.

"You have grown up so big," my dad joked.

I slowly back up to where Riley, Farkle, Lucas were all standing, "I'm only 5'1."

"Don't worry you will grow," my dad said.

"No actually I won't," I said looking off to the left of my dad.

"Why not?" my dad questioned.

"Maya broke her growth plate," Riley spoke for the first time since we saw my dad.

"When did this happen?" my dad asked acting worried.

That Night.

"A few months ago," I lied.

"How?" my dad questioned

"I tripped over a rock while it was raining," I lied again.

I look over as to mentally tell Lucas not to say anything. He have me a look back and I could tell he wouldn't say anything.

"Your okay now though?" my dad kept questioning.

"Yeah it's just I won't grow any taller," I responded.

"I guess you won't be a basketball player," my dad jokes. I can tell he's trying to make this less awkward.

"Yeah I guess so," I began, "anyway dad these are my friends Riley, Farkle, and Lucas."

Riley, Farkle, and Lucas walk up to my dad and shake his hand.

"Are you guys ready to go?" my dad asked.

"Yeah I think so," I said walking over to the car with Riley and Farkle.

"Hey ummm Lucas can you help me with these bags," I heard my dad say to Lucas.

After Lucas helped my dad place all the bags in the car my dad began to drive away in the direction of my dads house. Lucas sat up front with my dad and Farkle sat in between Riley and I.

The drive only took 20 minutes or so. The house was right on the beach and it looked as if he built the house on his own. Before Lucas stepped out of the car I could tell he was reading the note. My dad asked for Lucas to help again with the bags and I waited for them to pull out my bag.

"Everyone got there bags?" my dad asked.

"Yep," everyone said.

My dad took the lead and Farkle and Riley followed him.

"Hey can I talk to you?" Lucas asked.

"Sure," I said letting Lucas lead me back over towards the car.

"I read the letter."

"I saw."

"It's okay."

"What's okay?"

"I get why you said it now," Lucas said looking at me.

"I'm sorry I still shouldn't have said what I said,"
I said looking back at him.

"You don't have to be," Lucas said hugging me, "Now let's go inside."

Lucas and I walk into the big beach house. The house looks like it has 2 or 3 floors and it looks very clean unlike my the house my mom and I used to live in. The two of us walk into the kitchen where a women is standing with two young kids. Riley and Farkle walk into the kitchen as well.

"Umm hi who are you?" I asked looking at the woman.

"Hello I'm-" the woman is interrupted by my dad walking into the kitchen.

"Oh so you guys already met," my dad began, "Maya this is Zoey my wife and our twins Zack and Lily."