Maya's Birthday

Lucas's POV

Today was Maya's sixteenth birthday and like Farkle and I talked about I was planing on telling Maya how I felt tonight.

I walked into the kitchen this morning where Maya's dad was sitting along with Farkle and Riley.

"Hey Lucas come over her for minute," Maya's dad said.

"Okay," I said walking over to everyone.

"We need you to take Maya out tonight," Farkle said smiling.

"Ummm okay," I said trying not to blush, "but why?"

"We have to set up for her party and she can't be here for that," Riley said.

"Alright how long should I take her out?"I asked.

"Whenever she wake up and keep her our until I call you," Maya's dad said.

"Alright I can do that," I said.

Maya's POV

I was upstairs in my room curling my hair when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I yelled.

"Hey Birthday Girl," My dad said coming over hugging me.

"Awww thanks dad," I said hugging him back.

"I have something for you," my dad said pulling out two boxes wrapped in gift wrap.

"What is it?" I smiled.

"Open it," my dad said smiling.

I opened the little one first and inside was a necklace with a pearl sitting on a golden leaf.

The second box had a scrapbook with a picture I recognized on the front cover.

"What's this," I asked.

"I don't know what your mom told you but from the day you were born I loved about you. I realized too late that I wasn't ready to be a dad and I took off. When I did realized I need to get you back it was to late your mom didn't want me in your life. Corey has been sending me pictures of you for a couple of years now," my dad said.

"Wow this is so sweet," I said trying not to cry.

I hugged my dad again, but someone came to the door.

"Knock knock," Lucas said leaning against the door frame smiling.

"Hey," I said looking up.

"Are you ready to go?" Lucas asked.

"I will leave you kids to it," my dad said standing up walking out the door.

"Yeah," I said standing up, "where are we going?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out," Lucas said walking out the door with me.

Lucas's POV

I drove Maya to the boardwalk in her dad's car. Maya talked the whole way there manly asking what I got her for her birthday.

"Wait how did you know I wanted to go the boardwalk?" Maya asked.

"I listen very well," I said getting out of the car.

Maya and I walked onto the boardwalk full of people. I could see almost a million stores a couple blocks long.

"Where do you want to go first," I asked Maya.

"Let's go ride some rides," Maya said grabbing my hand pulling me over towards the rides.

Maya and I rode the swings and a couple other small rides that didn't go that high off the ground. Around six Maya and I had rode every ride on the boardwalk except for the Ferris wheel.

"Lucas I want to ride the Ferris Wheel," Maya said.

"Are you sure?" I asked looking down at her.

"If I was with anyone else no, but with you yes," Maya said grabbing my arm.

"Alright let's go," I said smiling.

Maya and I got in line for the Ferris wheel and quickly got in one of the carts. I looked over at her to make sure she was okay. She looked scared so I grabbed her hand and locked your fingers together.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"To be honest great," Maya said smiling.

"That's good," I said looking over at the view.

We went around a couple times and I decided it was time that I told Maya how I felt.

"Maya I need to tell you something," I said looking over at her.

"Yeah," Maya said looking over at me.

"Maya," I began before my phone went off, "Give me one second."

I answered the call it was Farkle, "Hey Lucas we finished everything bring Maya now okay."

"Alright bye," I said hanging up.

"What were you trying to say?" Maya asked.

"Uhhhh I think we should get back now," I said as we got to the bottom.

"Alright let's go," Maya said.

Maya and I got into the car and talked the whole ride home about how much fun we had. When we were two minutes away from Maya's dad's house Maya asked me something.

"Do you think you could teach me how to drive?" Maya asked.

"Don't you want your dad to teach you?" I asked.

"He tried taking me out yesterday to the empty parking it's just say he isn't a good teacher," Maya laughed.

"Oh," I laughed, "I will teach you whenever you want to learn."

"Thanks," Maya said as pulled into her driveway.