That Night Part 2

Maya's POV

Flashback

I had just gotten the news about my mom from Mr. Matthews when I started crying. Riley took me over to the bench by our lockers when Lucas walked up.

"Hey guys what's up?" Lucas asked

"Go away," I bursted out crying.

"What did I say?" Lucas asked me.

"Lucas it's not about what you said it's way more serious," Riley says hugging me.

"Guys come on what's wrong?" Lucas asked.

"Lucas please I'm handling this," Riley said trying to calm me down.

"I might be able to help if you tell me what's going on," Lucas kept begging.

"It's personal Lucas," Riley says as if she was begging Lucas to stop asking.

"Then why do you get to know?" Lucas yelled.

I jumped up of the bench still crying and yelled, "My mom died. Are you happy now that I told you?"

I ran off but I could still hear Riley and Lucas calling my name. I ran to the subway as fast as I could and went straight home and cried for hours it wasn't until later when I got up and burned all of my pictures with my parents face on them.

I need air so I went up on the roof until I heard Lucas.

"Maya!" Lucas yelled running towards me.

I turned around towards Lucas, "What are you doing here?"

"Trying to find you," Lucas said touching my shoulder.

"Why?" I asked .

"Maya your my friend I would circle the world to find you," He said pulling me into a hug. I only came up to his chest in the hug because I was so short.

"You would?" I said.

"Of course," Lucas said rubbing his hands threw my hair.

I had to tell him. He needed to know how I felt.

"What happened to your mom?" He asked.

"She...she...she died in a car crash," I barely manages to get out.

"Do they know who else was involved in the crash?" He asked.

"The cops won't tell me anything," I said.

He leaned against the ledge wall, "I'm so sorry."

"It's like I have nobody," I said.

"That's not true," He said looking at me, "You will always have me."

"Really?" I asked looking at me with her big blue eyes.

"Really," Lucas said.

I hugged Lucas and when I let go I went for it I leaned in. Lucas pulled away.

"Maya," Lucas said stepping back.

"Lucas I like you. I've always liked you," I went for it.

"Maya your a really great friend but I'm with Saddie," Lucas said as it began to pour down ran.

My heart broke I couldn't take it. I ran towards the steps but slipped and felt this horrible pain in my back.

I could hear Lucas yelling my name and then he carried me down the stairs and took me to the hospital. Before Riley and her family got to the hospital Lucas came into the room I was staying in.

"How are you feeling?" Lucas asked walking over to my bed.

"My was hurting but they gave me something for it," I said trying not to make things awkward between us.

"Yeah the doctor said you broke your growth plate. It looks like your going to be 5'2 forever," Lucas said.

"Lucas can you just forget what I said early and let things go back to normal," I said turning my head to him.

"Okay but Maya you have to move on," he said.

"Okay," I sad.

"Maya are you okay?" Riley asked coming in with her family.

End of flashback

"Wow," was all Riley could say.

"Yeah it's a lot to take in," I said.

"Do you still like Lucas?" Riley asked.

"I moved on but I still like him," I said.

"Oh," Riley said.

"Look I'm going to go to be I've had a long day," I said climbing into my bed.