Chapter 26

George's POV

Kara looked nervous but I wouldn't have sent her out if I didn't know Jill would take care of her. I shut the door and walk through the house, it feels so big and empty without Kara. I go to my music room and pick up a guitar. I absentmindedly strum chords. Miss Judy eventually calls about a late lunch but I'm not hungry. I just can't get tonight off my mind. I go upstairs and grab my jacket that I left on the back of a chair. I reached into the pocket and pulled out the small velvet box. I open it and look at the ring, glistening in the light. I smile nervously. I know in my heart she'll say yes but I still have butterflies just thinking about asking her. Man. That girl has got some powers alright.

Kara's POV

Jill parks the car and we get out. She leads me into a shop with an elegant name that I can't pronounce. She tells me to go to the right and look at the dresses as she goes to the right. I numbly finger through the hangers. I pick a dress at random and glance at the tag. £475 Holy shit this place is expensive. I walk over to Jill to tell her I don't need anything. I look and she's already got a handful of dresses.

"I guessed your size." She said. She ushered me into a fitting room and handed me the dresses.

"Come out and show me once you have one on!" She says. I nod. I undress myself and pull the first dress off the hanger. I slip it on. I zip it about halfway but that's all I can do. I glance at myself in the mirror. Flat hair is the first thing I think. I've never considered myself attractive. I look at the dress. It's a blue so dark it's almost black. It's poofy and flowy and I hate it. But I open the door to show Jill anyway. She crinkles her nose.

"Yeah I don't like it either." She said. I shut the door and take off the dress. I try on four more, each worse than the one before. There's still three more dresses. I look at each one and decide to try the one at the back. Once I put it on, I smile. It's a black body con. It stops about my mid-thigh. It's got three finger wide straps and a small swoop neck. I open the door and Jill breaks into a big smile.

"That's the one." I smile back at her. I slip it off and put my regular clothes back on. We buy the dress with the money George gave Jill. I glanced at the stack, easily £4,000 there. Woah. When we walk outside, Jill asks if I'd like to go find jewelry and shoes to match.

"I would love that." I say.

"Great!" She exclaims, grabbing my hand and walking quickly to the shoe store a few shops down. I smile, suddenly realizing I'm actually having fun.