Chapter 15

I'm floating. The world is at peace. I look to my right and see a field of white roses underneath a magnificent rainbow. I turn to my left and find a meadow of lilies and sunflowers. This is the most beautiful place. I sit on the grass and run my hands through it. It feels like silk spilling over my fingers. I never want to leave this place.

George's POV

I bite my nails anxiously as hours crawl by. After about three, Ringo shows up.

"What you doing here?" I ask. He sits in the chair next to me.

"Oscar phoned. I figured you'd need a friend while you were waiting." I smiled. This guy was the greatest. He always knew where to be and what to say and when to say it. He put his arm across my shoulders as we sit in silence.

After another two hours, Ringo gets up in search of tea and cookies. Right when I lose sight of him, the doctor man comes out. I stand as he approaches me.

"I don't have a report on how she's going to be. But right now she's getting a bit more stable." I breathe a sigh of relief and start to laugh a little.

"She's not okay yet." The doctor interrupts me.

"She was given some sort of poison I've never seen before. And I've worked here for 27 years.

"What?" Panic starts to rise again.

"Since I don't know what it is, I don't know what drugs to give her in order to kill it. I don't know how it will react and most importantly I don't know if it will start up again. That being said. I have taken out all that I can see. I sent off a small sample to the lab and told them to rush it. I should have more information for you later. I also was able to easily remove all the glass from inside her and subside her internal bleeding. However, the size of the glass was astonishing for the amount of bleeding the pieces caused. The biggest piece wasn't much larger than the eraser part of a pencil. But. That's everything I have now." He turns on his heel and walks out leaving me standing there with my mouth dropped open.