Chapter 62

George's POV

The lads and I ganged up and told Brian we've had it with touring. We're just not into it anymore. And there's no point in continuing if we don't enjoy it. Brian was upset of course but understood. We agreed to do three more big tours before calling it quits to touring altogether.

Everyone was due over at my house later today. It's Allison's second birthday celebration. The Lennon family was already here. Cynthia was helping Kara decorate, John and I were watching Julian play with Allison.

"She looks a lot more like Kara than she used to." I say to John.

He nods.

"She used to look so much like you." He said.

Soon it's time everyone arrives. My parents were first, followed by Brian then the Starrs with the McCartneys bringing up the rear. We all had a grand old time. Aside from Julian and Heather, all the other kids were around the same age as each other. All us adults were drinking tea and eating sandwiches while Miss Judy looked after the little ones. She didn't need to but she insisted upon it. We all talk about what life will be like after we are done touring.

Kara just glowed these days. She seemed to be coughing a lot more but she insisted she was fine. That didn't stop me from worrying though. She had a coughing fit at the table. She covered her mouth with a tissue as she excused herself to another room. After a few moments I excused myself to go find her. She was in the kitchen looking down at a tissue in her hands. When I walked in she quickly crumpled it and threw it in the trash.

"Hi baby." She said, smiling.

I smiled back. She was hiding something from me and I knew it. But she didn't want to tell me and it bothered me. Why not? What was it she wasn't letting on? She squeezed my shoulder as she moved past me to return to everyone on the patio. Once she was out the door I went to the trash bin and reached for her tissue on top. I opened it and found her secret.

The tissue was bloody.