Chapter 36

Kara's POV

The next few weeks pass by in a blur of flashing cameras and screaming fans. I traveled so much in those few weeks, more than I had my entire life.

Whenever I was with George, he always hand his hand tightly wrapped around mine. He always kept me as close to him as he could. Everyone was in a frenzy about my sudden appearance in George's life. My picture soon consumed all the news channels and papers. I was often swarmed with paparazzi who threw respecting boundaries out the window.

On our last night, we were trying to get to the car from the hotel, just me and George. For some reason, Brian had everyone take separate cars. We were going to the airport to fly home.

The paparazzi had successfully separated us completely. I had lost all contact with George, physical and sight. Our hands slipped apart and I couldn't see him anywhere. There were police there but not nearly enough to hold back the crowds. I heard George shouting my name up ahead of me somewhere. I couldn't see anything because of all the flashes going off in my face. I started to stumble backwards from the force of everyone. A reporter standing in front of me was shoved off to the side. Just as I was about to fall down, George's hand reached out and grasped mine. He yanked me up and to his side. One arm gripped around my waist and the other hand squeezed my own hand tight. He held so tightly it would hurt if I wasn't so scared. He protected me against his side as he yelled and pushed and shoved his way to the car. Once we were inside and the door was shut, George let out a huge sigh.

"Fucking bloody bastards." He grumbled as the driver made his way out onto the street.

George ran his hands over his face in frustration. He didn't notice that I was pressed against the opposite window, tears rolling down my cheeks.

After all I'd been through in my life, never have I been more scared than I was just then. When George's fingers had slipped through mine, the panic that rose up was unbearable. George finally looked up and over to me.

"Oh my god." He said.

He scooted across the seat and pulled me into him. I leaned on his shoulder and cried while he rubbed my back repeating

"Shh"

over and over.

I cried all the way until we got to the airport.

George's POV

I was so bloody upset. And then when I saw her crying? I couldn't have been more pissed off.

Because of that whole issue, we were the last to arrive at the plane. I got out, clutching Kara tightly, and gave Brian an earful. I was so upset. And seeing my little bird cry like that just sent me over the edge. When Brian heard the story he got very upset as well. He'd already been in a bad mood since everywhere we went, the policemen weren't in enough force.

I started to feel a little better when Kara had stopped crying and even more so when we got on the plane. We were headed home.

Brian promised us we'd have a true two weeks off. He said he wanted us to take a good break. I was relieved to hear that.

Everyone slept the whole flight home - we were all so exhausted from those four weeks.

When we arrived off the plane, we all said goodbye to each other, Cyn made promises with Kara to get together over the break. Kara and I got into our car then started home.

When Kara and I finally arrived at the house, we both let out big sighs. We looked at each other and laughed as we walked up the steps. Miss Judy greeted us with cookies, tea, and enormous hugs. We chatted with her while we ate, choosing to leave out what had happened to Kara on the way home. Miss Judy would find out eventually but we didn't want to bring it up just yet.

After we finished, Kara and I walked upstairs and dragged our weary bodies to bed. Neither of us bothered to change our clothing, barely making it to the actual bed before falling asleep.