Chapter 69

Kara's POV

The night air is chilly as we walk hand in hand down the street. Just as it was six years ago, the streets are empty as we walk through them. We don't say anything as we walk. George and I are very compatible in that we don't need noise and talking to be comfortable in any given situation. We are just as comfortable, if not more comfortable, in silence.

George starts the whistle. I look up at him and he looks at me. He continues to whistle as he leads me around a corner.

George's POV

I can't wait to see her reaction. Her face is going to be all the gift I need for this anniversary. I start to whistle to keep myself from blowing the secret.

When we reach the turn, I tug Kara's hand a little and lead her down the street. My heart is racing as we get closer.

My thoughts are interrupted by Kara. She lets out a huge gasp. I look to her and see her face. She's a hand over her mouth to hide her dropped jaw. Her eyes have bugged out as she looks around us.

I smile as I watch her take it all in. Soon, tears form in her eyes. She turns and looks up at me. The tears falling down her cheeks before she even opens her mouth to whisper my name.

"Oh George." She says in quiet disbelief as she wraps her arms around my waist and holds tight.