Chapter 48

George's POV

John pokes his head into my room.

"Phone, lad." He says.

I get up and walk into the main room picking up the telephone.

"Hello?" I say.

It's Cyn on the other line. She was driving home from visiting Kara. Her voice; loud, rushed, excited comes over the phone.

"I promised I wouldn't say anything but I really really REALLY think you should call her right now!"

"Okay...?" I sound suspicious.

Cyn typically gets easily worked up so I didn't think much of it as I hung up with her and dialed Kara at home. She answered on the first ring.

"Cyn said I should phone." I told her.

She let out a little chuckle.

"I was wondering how long it'd take her before she said something."

I smile, happy to hear Kara in a good mood. She's been through so much in just the past year alone.

"So babe. What's this Big Thing I'm supposed to ask about?"

Kara took a deep breath.

"Well first, let me tell you about the conversation I just had with Cynthia."

"Okay." I say.

A bit upset because I wanted to hear Kara's news but by the way she sighed, this must be important.

"You might want to get out of everyone's earshot and sit down."

"Okay, hold on."

I glance at the lads, Paul and John are smoking ciggies and playing cards. I can tell John is losing because his face is all red and bunched up and Paulie looks as if he's walking on clouds right now. Ringo is away in his room. Nobody pays attention as I go into my private room and shut the door. I go to the farthest spot and sit on the floor.

"Okay, I'm ready."

Kara opens her mouth and I am stunned at the words that come out. John? Cheating on Cyn?

"Promise you won't say anything!" Kara insisted.

"I already broke mine because I kinda told Cyn I wouldn't tell anyone. But just keep an eye out, maybe do some investigating."

"I can't imagine what would make him do that but I'll watch. I'd hate to find him guilty of this." I say.

Kara agrees.

"So what's the big news Cyn told me you had?" I ask.

I hear the smile in Kara's voice as she tells me she's pregnant again.

"I didn't want to jinx it by telling anyone but I thought why not." She said, laughing.

I smile as my heart bursts.

"I've made a doctors appointment for next week. Just to make sure everything is okay."

"I wish I could be there." I say, holding the phone tight.

"I know baby." Kara says quietly.

"Don't tell anyone okay? I'd like to make it farther than I did last time."

I promise her.

We say our goodbyes and she wishes me luck at the concerts before we hang up the phone. I walk out of my room to find all the lads there and I stand and smile at them. I'm so happy in this moment.