Chapter 31

George's POV

I wake hours later, confused. It takes me a moment to realize that I'm outside on my porch swing. I look at the rising sun shining all around. Kara is not next to me. I could have sworn she was. I remember waking up last night and Kara wasn't in bed, so I went looking for her. I eventually found her outside. She looked as if she'd been worrying about something but of course didn't tell me.

I get up of the swing and stretch my stiff body. I open the screen door and walk through the kitchen. Miss Judy is already busy preparing for our dinner tonight. Which reminds me I need to call the lads. She smiles and puts water in the kettle when she notices me. I smile back but keep walking. Kara is sitting at the table leaning over a steaming cup of tea, reading the newspapers. Her hair is messy and her makeup is smeared. But I couldn't have cared. She's the most beautiful I've ever seen. She looks up when I walk in.

"Hi." She says.

"Hi." I say back.

I lean down and kiss her cheek. I plop in the seat next to her and grab a biscuit from the plate in the center of the table. I smear jam on it and plunk the whole thing in my mouth. Kara watched the whole thing.

"So am I going to be living with that the rest of my life?" She jokes.

I try to talk but my mouth is so full so I just nod my head. Kara lets out a laugh. I smile. When I finish, I grab another biscuit and do the same thing. Miss Judy emerges with my tea.

"So, I'm thinking for dinner tonight, a hearty vegetable lasagna for you lot and then a lasagna with meat for the others?" She says.

Kara and I both nod.

"Sounds terrific." I respond making Miss Judy smile.

"Great!" Miss Judy turns on her heel and Kara goes back to the paper.

"I'm going out with your cousin later." She says to me as I scarf down yet another biscuit.

"She says I'll need something for tonight."

"That's wonderful!" I say to which Kara smiles.

"Oh and before I forget," I begin.

"I'd like you to accompany me tomorrow."

Kara just stares.

"Brian booked us a few early shows so we leave tomorrow for the tour instead of later this week. But I want you to come with me. Tonight I'll bring up that the other women should come as well. I think it'll be fun for you but it's more for selfish reasons that I want you to come."

"Why?" She says.

"Because it kills me inside spending only a few days with you here and there."

Kara breaks into that dazzling grin of hers.

"Well then I'll need to buy more clothes because I don't have that many. And I don't think it would be appropriate to wear yours everyday." She remarks.

"Well I love it when you wear my clothes." I say, leaning over to kiss her. She giggles mid-kiss.

"What?" I ask.

"I cleaned some jam off your lips, you messy eater." I smile at her.

"What time is Jill coming?" I ask. Kara glances at the clock on the wall.

"About an hour. So I'll need to go shower now." She says, getting up.

"Have a lovely shower." I tell her.

She comes over and kisses my cheek, setting my skin on fire with her touch. She turns and is out the door. I reach over to see what she was reading in the paper. A story about me and the lads. How sweet.

I finish my tea and the last biscuit before making my way upstairs. I lay on the bed and wait while Kara showers. Soon the water shuts off. She emerges wrapped up in a towel. She grins at me. I get up and walk into the bathroom to shower. The mirrors are steamed. I look closer and notice she's dragged her finger across the foggy mirror.

"I love you always." It said.

My face flushes when I read it. I step out of the bathroom and find her waiting there.

"I love you always." I say to her.

I close the gap and kiss her long and hard. Hers are the softest lips, gentle but full of passion. When we finally pull apart, I go back into the bathroom and turn on the water.