Chapter 2

''No, um, she's, she's,'' I didn't know how to get the words out. ''She passed away when I was a teenager. I come here to write to her everyday, she used to bring me here as a part of our daily routine, so it's still included in mine.''

''Oh my god. I had no idea, I am so sorry. I'm messing everything up today. Ugh I feel so bad.'' Her hands flew to her head and she covered her face, embarrassed.

''It's fine. You didn't know. Let's just forget about it yeah? Please.'' I shook my head, not wanting to get into that subject.

''Of course, of course.'' She nodded, taking a sip of her water and letting her eyes float around the shop.

I finished writing and put my diary away. Taking a sip of my hot chocolate, I looked at her. She was looking at me. I took my eyes off of her and downed my beverage. ''Why do you have your hood up inside? I'm pretty sure it won't rain. Jim may be old, but he does look after this place.'' I suppressed a laugh.

''I just don't want people to know I'm here.''

''What, are the police after you or something?'' I didn't know why I was doing the talking, I've never been good at talking, mainly because I've never really had anyone to talk to. Who was she and what was she doing to me?!

''Haha! No, luckily!'' She laughed.

''Why are you so worried about people recognising you then?''

''It's nothing.''

''Ok.'' I wasn't going to argue.

Who was this girl? I knew I recognised her. If only she'd put her hood down. I know I'd be able to identify her if she did. ''I'm Jessica, and you are?''

''Emelia. My name is Emelia.''

''That's a beautiful name.'' She smiled at me, it was a nice smile.

''So is Jessica.'' I complimented her, and every other person called Jessica. Just a few people then.

''I've kind of got fed up of it now. I hear it enough!''

''You do?''

''Yeah.''

''Why? Who are you?'' This was bugging me now.

''Jessica?''

''That doesn't give me more than what I knew a minute ago.'' I stated.

She pulled a face that made her look like she was thinking. ''Just tell me, I have no one I can tell. Believe it or not, Jim is my only friend around this place!''

''Jessie J?'' She asked.

''Where?'' I looked around the shop, Jessie J was in here?!

''No, I, um.'' She placed her hand on mine and paused.

''Ooohh...''

''Yeah...''

''That's cool I guess.''

I shrugged it off, I knew who Jessie J was and I liked her music but I wasn't a die hard fan.

''You didn't recognise me?''

''I knew that I knew you from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it.''

''Please don't tell anyone I'm here!'' She begged.

''Oh yeah, me and Jim are going to fangirl hard later. We go in on the fangirling!'' I was obviously joking, I hoped she'd get that.

''That's very funny. Please though.''

''Jessica, I was being serious, you're the first person who's around my age that I've talked to in about a month now. You and Jim are like my only friends!'' I was laughing, I sounded like a complete saddo.

A smile took over her face. A really big smile and it was breathtaking.

''What is it?''

''I don't know what I love more, the fact that you called me Jessica, when you know who I am, or that you said Jim and I are your only friends...''

''Don't rub it in, I wish I had friends, it's just no one really likes me or speaks to me.''

''What am I doing? You said it yourself, I'd love to be your friend. As long as you promise you won't suddenly get Jim on me and become a secret fan.''

'' I can't promise that Jessica. Jim is quite the music lover.'' I winked at her and we both let out a laugh.

We spoke a little longer about the book she was reading and she spoke about her career and her love for singing. I was happy talking about her so luckily I asked lots of questions and the subject never came onto me.

To be honest, she already knew nearly everything. She knew I didn't have any friends and that my Mum was gone. My Dad didn't matter and I didn't get to tell her about my Nana, who I still look after now that Mum is gone. She knew Jim was my main man and that was it really.

''You look rather pale Emelia, are you ok?'' Through out the duration of our conversation, she had made me forget about the cancer. Now I can tell you, that never happens. I was grateful, it can all get a bit too much sometimes. I couldn't tell her about it, we had got off to a good start and I didn't want to scare her away, she was the only friend I had.

''I'm fine, I think I am just tired.'' That wasn't a lie.

''Ok, as long as you're not going to die on me or anything!''

Shit.

A/N: Before we go any further, you just need to know that I haven't looked into this type of cancer or anything, so I don't know if what I write is scientifically correct, but I know the basics. So yeah :)

Also, I dedicate this to @isthatjessica because she's a genius.