Chapter 6

Two weeks had passed since I had meet Jess now, and we'd caught up quite a bit. Our day trips and meet ups varied from picnics at the park, to a quiet drink at 'Jimmy's', or sometimes window shopping at one of the nearest shopping centres. Although, I hadn't seen Jess in the previous 3 days, as she's been busy starting work on her next studio album. She'd played me some of the demos and they sounded amazing. I'm not just saying that because she was my friend and I was bias, I genuinely meant it.

Jess hasn't met my Nana yet, and we were meeting up tomorrow to do so. I wanted to introduce her to someone special in my life. And if you got confused by that sentence, it could go either way (*winks*).

I spent the day just lounging around home, only going out to visit Jim and write to Mum. I was practically counting down the hours until I saw Jess again. This day was dragging and I was unbelievably bored. I think I even started to watch one of those fake American reality TV shows. Honestly, I couldn't believe it!

My phone rang and it was Jessie.

''Hey babe, how are you?'' She chirped down the phone.

''Good thank you, and yourself?''

''Never better. I can't wait for tomorrow.''

''So you're not nervous then?'' I teased.

''Should I be?''

''Obviously, my Nana is very protective. She could easily bite your head off!''

''You're, you're joking right?'' Jess froze through out the sentence from what I could hear.

''Yes I'm joking, there's nothing to worry about.''

''Ok, I have to go now because I'm just finishing one last song in the studio, but I will text you when I get home, is that ok?''

''Yeah sure, speak then.'' I replied.

''Bye Emelia.''

''Bye Jessica.''

Well that gave me something else to look forward to. I decided to get out some old photo albums that belonged to my Mum. I hadn't looked at all of them in depth, so it would be something interesting to do. Maybe I'd find some good photos for my photo frames, who knows? I kept them under my bed so they were a little dusty. This didn't help my breathing, so I had to use my oxygen mask once more. Soon enough, the dust was gone and I could look through some old memories.

I picked up the first album, on the front in big letters 'Baby Emelia' was written. I opened it and saw a picture of me in my Mother's arms at hospital. I was sound asleep and hiding my head into her chest. Mum had given birth not long ago, so her hair was a mess and she had bags under her eyes. Yet she still looked beautiful, her face beamed and her smile was large.

I flicked the page and saw my Dad holding me this time. I had food all over my face and all down my bib. My mouth was open wide and I was in the middle of laughing. Surprisingly, I was a happy baby?! I glanced at my Dad. A shooting pain hit my chest. He looked so happy to be there.

I rapidly turned the page and saw my parents holding me, half of me was sat on Dad's thigh, and the other on Mum's. I couldn't believe that although we looked so happy, only a couple of years later, it would be a completely different story. I'd hate Dad forever for doing that to Mum. I don't see how it was just so easy for him to leave. I'd have to ask him why it was. Not that I could do that, considering I haven't seen him for so long.