Pretty. ~Pearlet

Pearl's POV:

"She's pretty." I looked over at Trixie's computer screen. We were roommates, and of course, she was looking at models on Google. She always does for clothing inspiration. Her favorite is one named Barbie. She was currently looking at a girl with long black hair. She had bangs, a beauty mark, and her eyeshadow was a light shade of blue.

"Isn't she?" Trixie said, clicking on a full body picture, only to put the mouse on her waist. "That's what she's famous for." She remarked. The black cursor was not a waist. That had to be a face tuned corset. "And you are positive this thing is real?" I rolled my eyes, plopping down next to her on the couch.

"Pearl. She isn't a thing, and yes. I've seen her at NYC fashion week." Trixie clicked off the Google page and closed her pink laptop. "Mhm." I hummed in response, getting up to go to class. Trixie had her classes earlier than me, so mine started in... 5 minutes. Oh no.

I wasn't even going to attempt today. I ran out the door grabbing shoes and my book bag. I walked down the hall way, of course, as usual, most of the girls here called me a 'Sleep Walker' for always wearing my pajamas to class and looking like a dead rag doll.

I took a seat in my class as the teacher, Ms. Visage, write on the black board. "Alright, class." She said, placing the chalk down and turning around. "So Ru, being utterly annoying decided that we should have a fashion competition. Now how does that sound?" Michelle asked, obviously both upset and annoyed.

The class was happy, and Michelle pretended as if they agreed with her. "Apparently, we have some models a that Ru hired who somehow had the time and patience to deal with you brats, diets get to work. I will assign them." I wasn't paying attention. All I know is that I got some girl named "Violet" fun.

The 'models' walked in, and of course, the girl Trixie was complementing earlier walked in. Wow I was wrong her waist was breath taking. Hahaha.... puns.

"And then Violet and Pearl." Michelle said, directing the black haired model to my desk. Are you kidding me Right Now? Out if all people! "Hi." I said, bluntly, and she gave me a questioning look before responding with, "hey."

So, I had to design a dress for this girl to wear, and I have to measure her. My measuring sucks, and I don't know how it won't be awkward. I grabbed the tape measure and wrapped it around her waist. "Tighter." She said. "Excuse me, what?" This girl actually wanted a tightly fitted dress. Her waist was already 18 inches! "I said I wanted it tighter." She replied, crossing her arms. "I don't take orders from you!" I said, writing down her measurements. I got a glare from Michelle, so I had to apologize.

I'm dying in here.

"There how we can start cutting fabric." I stood up from my uncomfortable position on the dirty floor. Violet nodded. I was walking to the fabric when I ran into my friend, Max who got a model who only went by 'Miss Fame'. "Hey, Max!" I greeted her. "Hi!" She smiled, cutting a piece of white silk like fabric. "My model is, as Ms. Visage says, a brat." I told my friend. "Mime is pretty. And nice." Max turned around.d and waved to the Fame person who was talking to Violet.

"Everyone is pretty when they are famous." I told her. "Oh, is that so?" She asked, I nodded, my arms still crossed, as they had been for minutes. "In that case, don't you think Violet is pretty?" She asked me. With lack of using it in, I mumbled, "yeah..." Max smiled, and placed her scissors on a table. "She seems to think the same about you." She said. What no way. I turned around to where Violet and Fame were. Violet had her chin placed in her left hand and sat at a desk. Her elbow rested on the desk table and her eyes rested on mine. I smiled, and she turned away quickly, to face Fame.

I walked over to her, taking a seat on the desk she was at. "What were you doing?" I asked. "Nothing." She still didn't make eye contact with me. Alright. I had an idea. I grabbed Max's gray gel pen and started writing on her arm. "We, what the fu-" She started to say, but I interrupted. "That is my number. Call me. Bye." Well. I left the room, and couldn't go back in unless I wanted another awkward encounter. Yikes.

I sat in my bed after the entire school day was over, and was texted by an unknown number.

Unsaved contact: hey, this is Pearl right? I was wondering if we could meet up again... sometime?

I smiled. Wait till Trixie saw this.