Truth ~Trixya

3rd person POV:

It's usually very hard to accept the truth, to be the one person still holding on to the fact that what you are facing in reality could change. Sometimes life will get to a heart wrenching tragedy where you have no choice but to pick up your own broken pieces and figure out how to pull yourself together.

It could be quite easy for one to believe a lie, and assumably pleasurable if the lie one chooses to believe helps to heal the overwhelmingly sore spot in ones heart.

However, like paper trust crumbles, and like the truth, it's hard to find, but once you do, it's even harder to manage to believe it. Even if you are in a state of knowing the true event and what had really happened, most choose to not believe it.

However, once one knows the truth, it's only a matter of time before the rest figure it out as well, even if it's a lie, or no one wants to believe it.

"Katya lied," Pearl said, her face full of sorrow, not for herself, but more of a trace of pity to be directed towards the person stood before her. The solemness of her voice made the blonde who hadn't yet spoken believe what she was being told, however, she didn't want to.

"What?" Trixie asked the other, her hands beginning to fidget as her anxious eyes slowly began to fill with water, becoming more drained of happiness by the second.

"I'm sorry," Pearl told her, having a matching pair of melancholy eyes begin to form tears at the waterline. She pulled her friend into a hug, knowing that if anyone needed anything, it was her, and the only thing she really needed was comfort, and one to help her uncover the truth.

"Hey," Katya has spoken, opening the door to the apartment she shared with her lover, soulmate perhaps, only to be met by Trixie's back facing her, and no sound but the faint hum of the air conditioning in the room over.

"You okay?" Katya wearily asked, placing her red bag down on a table near by and sitting in the couch to meet the eyes of the one person she cared about more than herself. "What's wrong?" She asked, placing a hand over the others palm.

Quickly, Trixie had removed her hand from Katya's and slowly turned away, not wanting to remove her eyes from the other, but knowing she had to, for if she looked at the girl, she had no idea wether she would be able to hold in the rivers that could cascade down her cheeks at any given moment.

"I know," was all she had managed to say to stop the silence that built up between the two in attempt to stall the growth of tension in the room. Holding back her tears, she began to try and speak to Katya, hoping that the truth wasn't real, praying it was a lie, but after all, you choose to believe a lie because they are believable, something you would assume to be true; something you feel could or did happen. "I love you, and you lied to me, and if you're just going to go behind my back and see Violet, or anyone else for that matter, we can't be together,"

"What?" Katya asked, her face showing true emotion, unknowing of what her lover had been trying to explain.

Trixie sighed, taking in a large, shaky breath, she continued, "look, I really do love you, and care about you, but Katya- I'm sorry- this is goodbye." Trixie began to pick herself up and remove her body from the couch she had been seated on, but her arm was jolted back and she was pulled back onto the cushion.

"Where did you get that- y'know me and Violet?" Katya asked Trixie, her eyes scanning the other hoping for something, the one thing Trixie had hoped for it to be as well, a lie.

"Pearl," Trixie said, in a quiet voice, "she heard from Kennedy, who caught you and Violet in-"

"Trixie," Katya for once began to smile, she would have believed Trixie if she hadn't been in the situation herself- she would have believed she had cheated, even though Katya had been far beyond in love with the girl before her to even try saying someone else had been beautiful.

"I was asking Violet if she'd help me plan something," Katya said, pulling her eyes away from Trixie and into a small box hidden in her red dress' abnormally large pocket.

Trixie looked her up and down as if she wanted to believe her, but also couldn't. "What do you mean?" She asked, drying her eyes with the edge of her pink top.

"I mean," Katya sighed, removing the box and getting down on one knee. "I mean this." She said, opening the lid of the container to reveal a beautiful, rose gold ring with silver and pink diamonds along the metal.

"Trixie, will you-" without even giving her time to finish Trixie leapt into her girlfriend's arms, sobbing, repeating the one word she could say for hours on end to the girl in her arms, "yes,"

The truth isn't always bad, yet misunderstandings are what lead to how it could be worse, and Trixie had been happy living with Katya for the rest of her life, and to think she almost believed a lie that had been the reason she almost broke up with the only person she would ever be able to live more than the color pink itself.