Open wounds ~Shalaska

"That's just it, Alaska. You don't understand that it's hard to forgive things," Sharon sighed looking out her window, not paying any attention to the girl behind her. "You don't seem to understand that you can heal a cut, but you can't remove a scar."

And that's the last thing she told me before I never saw her again. Just like she said, you can heal a cut, but you can't remove a scar. Maybe if I had been more observant, I could have realized, I could have stopped her from leaving- I could have been a better friend. I felt like somehow, this was all my fault, even though its been months since she left her home with no trace. Now, unless she showed up to heal my open wound, it would scar over, and never be removed.

Let's just begin with the last time I saw Sharon, maybe it could be clearer to understand, I had just realized that she would be moving away because her parents had died in a seriously traumatic car accident, and I felt miserable that I hadn't known sooner, then I could've at least tried to comfort her  in her time of need. Anyways, she looked directly at me, and said nothing. I guess she felt ashamed of what I had found out, y'know? That's the only reason I was able to think of. She looked out her window silently for a good couple minutes before I noticed tears had started to fall. "Sharon-" "Just tho, Alaska. Its better you leave now then want to spend more time with me once I'm gone," I could hear pure sadness develop in her voice, it seemed much smaller than usual. "I don't understand why you have to go I-" "That's just it Alaska," she kept her eyes glued to the tall window, and with the tone in her voice, I could yell immediately that she was never gonna forgive Jiggly for that night she drunkinly ran into her parents car.

A small door creak could be heard from behind me, as I looked out the tall, dark, window I last saw Sharon at. " 'Laska?" I knew that voice... My head whipped around faster than the sun burns Sharon's pale skin in the summer. That's when I saw her. Tears fell as I ran towards her, clutching onto her for dear life. "I'm back, Laska, I dong plan on leaving again." She peeled me off her and smiled, leaving me to return the grin, even through my never ending tears. "I missed you," "I know, I did too." "You stopped the Scar, Sharon," I told her, smiling bigger at the thought of her quote. "And you healed the wounds."

A/N short but sweet I guess lmao