Coffee. ~Naochi

Naomi's POV:

It's been about three weeks since we found out the winner of Rupaul's Drag Race season 8, and of course, it was Bob. I didn't expect anything less, just I hoped it would be me, and more than a little of me had wished it was Kim. Kim had been upset ever since we found out the winner was Bob, I mean, she was happy for her, but I know she wanted that crown really bad. I just hope she doesn't feel like she's failing anyone, I mean, there is always All Stars. (honestly, can't wait to see Naomi on AS4) 

Every day I have invited her to get Starbucks, or even go to a cute little café down the street, one owned by a fellow queen, Max. She has disagreed to go every time, but something was different today. I texted her, and she actually wanted to get some coffee at the café. I was super excited, and of course, sat in my room texting her friend, Pearl, about what she likes, because I don't have a huge crush on her.

At all.

Okay, maybe a little...

Or a lot?

I sighed and leaned back into my fluffy white blanket. I was not going to be able to wait the next one hundred twenty minutes to meet up with Kim. I got up waiting for Pearl to answer, she is actually the slowest typer on earth, either that or she isn't even paying attention. I looked down at my phone finally hearing a ding. 

"I wanna get toe warmers brb" 

What is a toe warmer? Is this girl for real?

"Socks?" I sent back, honestly, why. Like, she's nice but her texts are like she's half asleep, either a really odd typo, a unusual sentence, or the rare making sense sentence, which I hadn't gotten today. I gave up after not receiving a text back and went to choose my outfit of the day. Hm... should I go in drag or no?

Yes.

I went to the 'girl' half of my closet and picked up a red dress and a normal pair of heels, I mean, a queen did own the shop, I wasn't going to get odd stares.  After dressing, I went to choose a wig and do my makeup. At least the time passed and I wouldn't have to wait around for a fun time with Kim. I realized I basically used up all my time when I finished. Well that, that would be ironic. 

I ran out of my room and quickly grabbed my keys, rushing out the door. I made sure to lock it, then hurried along to my car. I pulled up to the café and, there was Kim. She was also in drag, so it wouldn't be completely awkward like I had overdressed or something. I waved at her, and she had a small smile on her face. Something I hadn't seen in a while. I smiled back, hey my white blood cells can't fight anything that contagious. 

She walked inside without a word, and I followed behind. Miss Fame directed us to a table near the back corner of the room. I sat across from Kim looking at the menu.

"Hello! What would you like to order today?" A queen, who had obviously been Max, asked us. "Uh, I'll just have whatever thus is." I pointed to a really good looking drink that happened to have a name that I couldn't quite read on it. Max nodded, and turned to Kim, who still had her face in the menu.

"Kim?" I asked rubbing her arm. "Oh, I'm sorry what?" She looked at me. "How do you like your coffee?" I asked her. "As dark and bitter as my soul." She glared at me.

"Kim."

"I said Coffee, not pink lemonade."