Chapter 17

"Why are you always around our sister?!" Drake demanded harshly, and all Matthew could do was freakin' shrug.

"I don't know, probably cause' she's cool," he said casually. To be fair, Matthew is the only guy, that has never pissed his pants once he saw my brothers.

"I don't know, probably cause' she's cool," Hayden said, mocking Matthew. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Guys, you do know that I'm going to like some guy out there, right? I thought we already talked about this," I said frowning.

"You like me?" Matthew said, smiling wide so I can see his dimples and I swear his eyes lit up like a puppy. I don't really know if I like Matthew, has that ever happened to you? When you don't know if you like a guy/girl?

I heard Noah sigh, "Let him and Harper go."

"But-," Leo objected but Noah gave him that look. You know the one that says don't-even-argue-with-me-look. It's pretty intimidating.

Leo huffed and let go of my arms. I massaged my wrists as Lee let go of Matthew. Now there was just silence, uncomfortable may I add.

"So... Matthew would you like to stay for dinner?" Noah asked, and everyone stared at him as if he just exploded.

"Sure let me just call my mom. I'll let her know if it's okay," he answered and stepped out to call.

"Are you an idiot? Why would you just let him stay?" Aaron snarled at Noah and he just shrugged.

"You're not even my brother," I muttered but I'm pretty sure he heard since he sent me a scowl.

"Look as much as we hate seeing Harper with boys," he began, "she's right. She's going to like some guys out there. We can't stop her from living her life," he explained and I couldn't help but smile.

"Don't get your hopes up though," Lucas said firmly, "just because we're allowing you to date," he spat out 'date' like it was poison in his mouth, "doesn't mean you can prance around doing illegal things."

I gave him a funny look, "What does that even mean?"

He rolled his eyes, "That means don't get pregnant."

Cue the choking.

"I'm fourteen, you idiot!" I blurted at him and the room filled with laughs.

Suddenly the door flew open and Matthew barged in. He was about to say something when he stopped and started studying me head to toe.

I could see at the corner of my eye that Hayden lurched at Matthew but got held back by Neil.

"Nice pyjamas," he said nodding at me.

"Thanks," I said nodding back. I feel like he was trying to make me blush because he squinted his eyes and looked away with a flimsy grin on his face.

"My mom said I can stay," he announced.

Cue the grumbles.

"Cool, just hang out with Harper or something and we'll call you down," Noah said smiling.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. Hold your horses, who said he can go upstairs with Harper? He might try somethin' on her," Conner stated and pulled me to him protectively.

Noah rolled his eyes and nodded at Hayden and Neil, "You can go upstairs with them too."

I wonder why Noah is actually taking my side with this, he does act like my brother so why is he being like this?

Weird.

"Good idea. Let's go, Harp," Hayden said grabbing me away from Conner and dragging me upstairs. Neil was guiding Matthew with him but still kept a glare on him the whole time. Didn't seem to effect Matthew though.

We got to Hayden's room instead of mine because Hayden said that he doesn't want Matthew looking around my room. I just rolled my eyes.

Matthew and I talked for a while when Hayden and Neil played on their Xbox.

Until we heard Noah call us down for dinner, so we all got up and went down the stairs, taking our sweet time once we reached the dining room.

I had to sit in between the twins because they said that I've sat with Matthew for the whole day.

It was pretty silent, but I felt the worst for Matthew because they were literally shooting lasers at him.

He was looking down the whole time too.

I shook my head and sighed, "Guys, will you please stop that?"

They looked at me and rolled their eyes before continuing to eat their food.

"So Matthew," Leo started, "what do you want with Harper?"

We all stared at him and for once Matthew was quiet. He finally looked up and gazed at Leo, and I swear, he started shifting uneasily in his seat.

"Why do you think I'm going to do something to Harper?" He asked, and everyone stopped chewing and stared.

"It's complicated really. I did like Harper, and when I asked her out, she rejected me. I was okay with it until I went to meet her than my feelings started to change again. Whenever I look at her, I feel as if my heart will burst. Now I know that sounds cheesy, but I really mean it. I don't want to like her because of you guys. She'll get mad at me for coming over or something like that and I don't want her to be mad at me. Look, I'm still young. I might be oblivious to the fact that dating isn't easy, so right now, even if we do like each other, I want us just as friends. That's all really," Matthew finished and nothing moved, we didn't move a muscle.

"Wow," Lee breathed out from beside at me and I agreed. That was pretty damn emotional.

"Thanks, Matthew. I told you guys he's not a bad kid!" I shouted and Matthew smiled.

Finally, we all finished eating, and I saw that everyone was apologizing to Matthew. I smiled softly as he shut the door.

Don't judge people. :)

◽◽◽

◽E D I T E D◽

A/N: How was this chapter? I really liked it! Especially, Noah, he was really nice in this one. At least he's mature.

Who's your favourite character? Cause' to be honest, I like all.

Do you think something is going to happen with Harper and Matthew? Do you guys ship them? If you do, comment ship names!

That's it for this chapter. See you all later! 🖤

 See you all later! 🖤

◽COMMENT◽VOTE◽FOLLOW◽