Chapter 38

I left the cafeteria and made my way to the coach's office. I wonder why they don't have a girls team. Hopefully, they're not trying to be sexist, right? 

I knocked on Coach Kendall's office and she opened the door. She smiled at me and sat back down on her chair.

"Hey Harper, what can I help you with?" She asked kindly. I really like coach Kendall, only because she's nice. We have a lot of nice teachers in this school, gladly.

"Well, I heard some girls saying there isn't going to be a girls basketball team this year," I replied. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked confused.

"What? Of course, there is! Who said that?" She asked, utterly lost. I did a double take and looked a lost of words.

"Well, I don't know the girls who said, but I want to try out," I decided. She gave me a bright smile.

"That's awesome, Harper! Tryouts are going to be next Tuesday, okay?" I nodded hastily and gave her a small smile before the bell ringing.

"Got to get to my next class," I said. I ran for my history class, feeling ecstatic as ever!

I opened my door and was a little late. Everyone looked at me and I gave my teacher a flimsy smile while she shook her head.

"Where were you, Harper?" Mrs. Freizer asked. 

"I was with Coach Kendall, I ran here but I didn't know I was going to get late," I said. She stared at me for a second before sighing.

"Alright, fine, go sit in your seat. Good afternoon, class! Today, we've got a new student!" Our teacher said excitedly. A boy walked in and instantly girls and some boys drooled over him. He had dark brown hair, green eyes, and was wearing all black.

"This is Alexander-,"

"Alex," The kid who I'm assuming is Alex.

The teacher looked at him and nodded slowly, "Alex. Would you like to talk about yourself, a little?" 

"Nah."

Cue the grasshoppers chirping.

"Okay, so why don't you sit next to Nate?" She asked. He nodded and Nate raised his hand. Alex walked over and sat next to a guy in the class, Nate, I don't really like him though, Nate's always so full of himself. 

Not only that, but we have a rivalry. His brother, Dylan, it's me against him and Dylan, you're probably wondering in what?

School.

They always one up me. I hate it when they beat me, not only does it make me look bad, it also gives them a chance to show off.

What I didn't realize until now, is that I could just hear Nate whispering things about me to Alex.

▫▫▫

I walked out of gym class once I was done changing and speed-walked to my locker. I got a text from Lucas saying to hurry the flip up, though he obviously didn't say 'flip.'

I ran out of the building and made my way to the car. Lucas, Drake, Hayden and Neil were there but I didn't see Conner or Aiden.

"Where's Conner and Aiden?" I asked, no one in particular. 

"We don't know. We've been waiting for a while now," Drake said gruffly. We all waited until Conner and Aiden ran out the building, laughing their butts off.

"What'd you do?" I asked, annoyed.

"We pranked this one kid who was picking on Conner. It was freaking hilarious!" Aiden said, fist-bumping Conner. 

Lucas shook his head, "C'mon let's get home."

We were about to get in before somebody called out to me.

"Yo, Harper!" At first, I thought it was Matthew, it wasn't though.

Nate, Dylan, and the new kid, Alex.

Damn it.

I cursed under my breath and we all looked up. They were right in front of me, looking right at my brothers.

"Who are they?" Hayden asked, amusement shining in his eyes. 

I coughed, "I don't know."

Dylan laughed and swung his arm around my shoulder, "Don't be like that, Harp! We're the best of friends."

I cringed and pushed his arm off, "Shut up, Dylan."

"Dang Harper, you can get more guys than Lucas can get girls, and you're freaking 14!" Neil said snorting.

Lucas glared.

"These your brothers?" Nate asked, looking at them.

"No, they're my bodyguards. What do you think?" I replied sarcastically. 

"We kind of are," Drake muttered. I elbowed him and he groaned quietly. 

 "Well, we wanted you to come to hang out with us-,"

"No," all my brothers said.

Alex, who hasn't said anything yet, smirked at my brothers, "We were asking your sister, not you guys."

Lucas started nudging me.

"We wanted you to hang out with us because we want to introduce you to Alex," Dylan explained. 

I plastered a fake smile on my face and took Alex's hand and shook it, "My name is Harper, nice to meet you Alexander-,"

"Alex."

"Alexander," he glared, "we will never talk because I hate Dylan and Nate. You're in their group now, so let's act like this never happened and I go home. Capeesh?"

I let go of his hand and climbed into the car. No one moved until all my brothers smirked at the three and got into the car with me.

What a weird first day.

◽◽◽

E D I T E D

A/N: Three new characters! Any thought's on the three boys?

"Nate?"

"Dylan?"

"Alexander,-"

"Alex."

Sorry, I had to do that. 

Thanks for reading! ♡ 

COMMENTVOTEFOLLOW