epilogue

........................One year later....................

Something was different about me today and it wasn't because I grew fatter or my hair was dyed strawberry blonde, yes I'd changed but I'd also grown to accept the changes in my life.

I didn't move in to live with my mum like a lot of people thought I would. No. I stayed back with my dad at home. Yes, at home. It is my home because I made it so.

Eunice never stopped hating me and I stopped complaining. I realised that the less I complained, the less trouble she gave me. I learnt to accept that she may never like me and I stopped hoping. She also seemed to understand that and chose to ignore me. Only picking a fight with my mother whenever she visited.

The twins, well, we haven't been as close as we used to be before but I could say we didn't hate each other. They couldn't join their mother in hating mine because she was their fashion idol. Come to think of it, maybe that's why they like me now. They're both in a fashion school, chasing their dreams and stalking my mum of course.

Dad, well dad has been the best. Sometimes I forget that I ever hated him. Despite his wives hatred or should I say indifference now, he still did his best to show me I was just as loved as his other children. He was the one who let me make the choice to go or stay. And when I chose to stay with him, I swear I'd never seen him any happier.

Mum, I can't believe I finally get to call someone mum. Aunt Darlene was the happiest and aunt Marie the most surprised person to get the news. When she's not bossy Cassandra, she's a very sweet mother. Always trying to make up for the lost years. Sometimes I don't know who it hurt more. Me living without a mother for years or her finding out she'd been tricked into believing she'd lost her child and then lost out on so many things she could have done with her daughter. I found out that she never got over the pain of losing her child and the man she loved -yeah, she loved daddy- so she buried herself into her work. Habits are habits and sometimes she found herself falling into boss mode. But I love it, I love that my mother is a boss.

Dory. The day I told her about my mum was the last time we ever spoke. We didn't even spend thirty minutes on the phone and I regret it everyday. If I had known dory would die that day, I would have abandoned everything I was doing and spend the whole day taking to her but I didn't. We never know when someone is going to be taken away from us. She wasn't supposed to die. She didn't have an accident or anything of that sort. She only had a headache and a friend gave her aspirin. We still don't know how she had stomach bleeding and died. She just did. She didn't even let me say good bye and that hurts me till date.

I haven't heard from almond in a while but last time I saw him, he was heading to an orgy party. Old habits die hard, I guess. Somehow, we've remained friends despite our differences and he also somehow became friends with Cameron.

Speaking of Cameron, we still haven't crossed the friend zone line. It's funny because we know each other's feelings but just don't want to act on it. He tried asking me out once but I gave him a reply which was similar to no. He didn't get mad and leave me like most boys do and he didn't push it either. Although..... We've kissed a couple of times. Does that count?

"Barbara! How much longer are you going to stare at that mirror? We're late already." Cameron marched into my room. He looked so responsible in the black tux I'd forced him to wear. Can you imagine this boy wanted to wear a polo and jeans for his graduation ceremony? When he knew he was going to be called out as the best graduating student.

"I wasn't staring too long?" I protested and looked at myself once again. I wasn't too fat and I wasn't slim either. What's that word they call it again....thick. I was thick and I loved it.

"Then let's go." He dragged me by my arm out of the room and down the stairs. My mum was already waiting outside for me. Dad couldn't make it and I wasn't mad. I don't think I would have been mad if none of them came. I wasn't receiving any awards. I was just graduating.

"You look beautiful dear." Mum commended.

"What do you expect, it's my design" Aunt Marie laughed. "You're forgetting something." She opened her palm and gave me my necklace.

Oh yeah! The necklace. My necklace was perfectly normal. No creepy magic stuff. Just a shimmering necklace. Sometimes I wonder what happened to my bracelet. If the wishing stuff was even real. How many people it had affected. Whatever the case may be, I just hoped it was far away from anyone's reach.

"Your necklace is pretty." Someone called out and I turned to look at her. She was tiny. I should say about five or six years old and she was dressed as a fairy. But that wasn't what caught my attention. It was her wrist. She was wearing a rainbow coloured bracelet. With a purple unicorn charm.

.....................THE END.....................

Yes!!! We did it. We finally finished this book.

If you stayed till the end I want you to please comment here. I'd love to know all those who kept me going. Kept me updating.

I wrote this book on the go so there's bound to be mistakes I'll correct in the future. Who knows, I might even rewrite the book.

Also, I have a new book titled "blurPlease do check it out. I really need your help in writing that book, developing the characters etc. I pray I do better than I did in this book. After all every writer's goal is to do better than they did in their previous books.

I love you all, I'm hoping you love me too. Lol