Twenty three // ignore

"Get in the car, we have to go" I instruct Alec while running over to the driver's seat

"But Drew will be out any minute now" He protests and looks at me with an indignant expression

"We need to pick Jules up somewhere" I say in a hurried tone

"But we're here the whole night waiti..."

"Just get in the freaking car, Alec" I end up yelling at him and he finally notices the urgence in my voice

Alec lets out an annoyed huff but does as I say. He keeps complaining about how we wasted our time leaving before Drew got out but I don't even listen to him. I'm busy rushing through the Los Angeles' streets trying to get to Julie as fast as possible. The GPS on my phone says it will take me 43 minutes to get to her location - thanks to traffic - but Im trying to make it in 30.

"Slow down, Gigi" Alec exclaims "Julie can wait. You're gonna get us killed driving like this"

God, clueless Alec is annoying as shit. For someone who pays close attention to everyone and worries about everything, he is an idiot when it comes to realizing that things aren't quite right.

"Isaac is there" I say hoping that the few words are enough to justify my odd behavior

"There? Where is she?"

I throw my phone on his lap allowing him read over the texts Jules has just sent me. I can't properly concentrate on traffic when Alec keeps asking all these questions. I gotta hurry. I can't leave her in the same place as Isaac. She's doing so well in her recovery. I can't disappoint Jason like that.

"Some party on the other fucking side of LA, apparently. C'mon man, hurry up!" I groan out of impatiente and yell at the car in front of me

From: Julie

Are you there?
Pls help
Isaac is here
Shit im freaking out
He is here
Idk what to do
Im scared I might do something stupid
Gia
Can you pick me up?
(Location)
I Just wanna go home
Pls dont tell ashton about this

"Please don't tell Ashton?" Alec continues "The same Ashton as in Calum's band Ashton?"

"I think so" I answer with eyes still on the road

"Jules knows him?"

I choose not to answer him this time because its quite obvious she does. I know he's confused - as I am - but I can't explain everything to him right now. I'm too busy driving through the paved hills trying to find the right house. It's not too hard though. Typical LA party where everyone is trying way too hard to appear something they're not. I don't worry about properly parking the car and immediately jump out of it when we approach the fancy house. I rush in between the wannabe artists trying to find my friend. The girls are wearing cocktail dresses while I'm walking around in an oversized T-shirt. I would be extremely uncomfortable with the way people are looking at me if I weren't genuinely preoccupied with Jules. I run up the stairs thinking that she might have locked herself in one of the rooms but I bump into Luke on my way there.

"Luke, hey" I say trying to catch my breath "Have you seen Julie or Ashton?"

"Gia, what are you doing here?" He excitedly asks while hugging me "Didn't know you were coming"

"Do you know where Ashton is?"

We're at the bottom of the stairs completely blocking the passage.

"Does Calum know you're here?" Luke looks at something behind me and I sigh thinking that I wish he wasn't that drunk

"No" I shake my head "Have you seen Ashton?" I insist "Do you know where he is?"