Sixty five // band trip

"Caluuuum" I let out a groan "No band stuff, you promised"
"Alright, you're right, baby" He immediately locks his phone and places it on the fancy table separating us "I'm sorry"
I offer him a grateful smile with a curt nod, trying my best not to get mad. He's just got back today and I don't want to pick a fight over something so small. It's his job, after all, and he loves what he does. I should support him, I tell myself. I should be a comprehensive girlfriend and encourage him at all times - but it isn't always easy. We had to postpone our romantic getaway due to an important band meeting, which thankfully, went great and the boys managed to close a very successful deal with the record label. But in this deal, the record label demanded a certain number of new songs for the upcoming album - which they did not have yet - so the boys had to go away on a writing trip, for 10 very long days.
"So you were saying..." I gesture for him to continue his story "Mike and Ash were arguing about the new ba-"
I'm cut off by Calum's annoying ringtone and before he can grab the device on top of the table, I'm quick to reach for it first. Luke's name appears on the screen and Cal's attentive eyes watch as I clear my throat before answering the call.

"Hello, Luke" I greet the boy "How are you, darling?"

"Oh, hey Gia. I'm good, how are you?"

"I am actually wonderful. How was the writing trip?"

To help them get the best out of their creative minds, the boys applied a "no phone" rule during the entire trip which didn't help me be very supportive and comprehensive. I wanted to talk to my boyfriend, for fucks sake! For the last 10 days I was barely able to speak to Calum and he'd only reply to my texts twice a day, when he locked himself in the bathroom to take a shower. You know, fun times.

"It was great. Very productive, you know" Luke tells me, sounding excited

"I'm glad to hear that. Calum is a bit busy right now, Lu. Is it an emergency?" I ask in the sweetest voice ever

I love Luke and I would never want to be rude to him, but... I also love my boyfriend who I haven't seen for the last 10 days and who is trying to tell me about his trip - with not much success so far. So I would love to have his full attention for a couple of hours, if it's not too much to ask.

"No, no. It's just th-"

"Is someone dying?" I insist

"What?" Luke asks with a chuckle in a high pitched tone "No, no one is dying"

"Good. Then, it can wait another 10 minutes so Calum can finish telling me about Mike and Ash's fight, right?"

"Oh, yeah. That's a good one. Right, sorry, G" He apologizes with a small laugh "Have fun you two"

"No problem, darling. It was lovely talking to you, bye"

I end the call with a satisfied smile on my face, while Cal is trying to keep a serious expression. I lock his phone and gently and very theatrical place it on my lap, showing him the device will be confiscated till the end of our date.

"Alright, so..." Calum continues "Mike and Ash were coming up with ideas for the new band's aesthetic but they were going on pretty opposite directions"

The waiter comes back to the table carrying a stylished tray and asks permission before serving our respective dishes. I eye the pork chops in front of me, looking extra yummy with the raspberry sauce and the mashed sweet potato while Cal does the same to his food. I let out a small chuckle, knowing how much he is hungry due to his incessant complaints during our short ride here.

"Hope it tastes as good as it looks" I praise earning a provocative smirk from Calum

He doesn't say anything though and I wait until the waiter has excused himself, to question him about it.