Twenty four // sundays

It's Sunday. Sundays mean family lunch. Means I'll have to talk to my parents about my week  and pretend I'm fine. Means my dad will look at me in a weird way because he knows something isn't right. Perks of being see-through, I guess. My mother will ask me a hundred times if I'm okay just to be sure and Aaron will watch me like a hawk. I ended up letting it slip that I'll stay at a friend's house in London and now my brother is suspicious. Mom is a radio host so she most certainly knows who Calum is and I'm not anxious for that conversation. I'm also not anxious for my conversation with Calum himself but I'm trying not to think about it for now. Because its Sunday. The day to relax and enjoy my family. Recharge my energies. Sundays also mean the weekend is over. How is it possible that I started this weekend feeling like the happiest girl alive and now I'm...

"Horrible"

It's the first thing Nate says when he sees me.

"What happened to your face?" He asks drawing a laugh from Alec

"Thanks, Nate" I roll my eyes at him before being pulled in for a bear hug

Nate and Alec both live in San Diego. It's a three hour drive to LA so I was really surprised when Nate showed up to have lunch with us. It's been five months since I last saw him and I was beyond happy that he was here. I was also incredibly drowsy due to my lack of sleep the night before. And as Nate kindly pointed out, I looked horrible.

"How are you, G? Are Jas and Drew treating you good?" He asks in a teasing tone while lighting up a joint

"We are not the ones treating her good" Drew jokes making me throw a cushion at him

Please, lets not talk about Calum.

"Oh really?" Nate is interested "Who is the lucky bastard?"

Oh dear Lord.

"Poor bastard, actually" Alec mocks me passing the joint along

"Put that away" I scold them "Julie is gonna wake up any minute now"

"What is she doing here by the way?" Nate asks

We make an effort to avoid doing drugs in front of her. She just got off the clinic which means she's still in the rehabilitation process. In the very first days, we wouldn't even drink in her presence. I guess that was our way of showing her some support. But Nate being the curious gossipy he is, made us tell him the reason to why Julie is staying in the apartment.

"And you're not gonna tell Jason about this?" He inquires after hearing the whole story

"We are" I exchange a look with Drew "When he comes back"

We hear a noise coming from Jason's bedroom indicating that Julie is awake.

"So tell me about the new guy" Nate changes the subject "Is he hot?"

"Famous hot guy in a band" Drew adds "That's how we call him"

"That is an upgrade from Ryan" Nate teases "Hope he is not a douche"

"They are all douches" I bitterly say

I knew the minute Nate stepped foot in this apartment that I wouldn't get away without talking about Calum. I'm not his biggest fan right now so there might not be a lot of good things to say. I know I can say whatever the hell I want to my friends but I really don't want to talk about him. Julie gets out of Jas' room and joins us on the couch looking well rested. I silently ask her if she's okay once she sits beside me and Jules offers me a smile as response.

"Ryan was a douche" Alec comments "At least this one is rich"

I roll my eyes at them thinking how none of my friends cared to tell me that Ryan was a douche until I broke up with him. I thought they liked Ryan.