Fifty four // two

We had only two days together before Calum had to go back to Australia. Two days when we barely got out of bed, but our eyes and hands never left each other. Days when we had breakfast for dinner and where clothes weren't mandatory. Breakfasts in which Calum cooked and I washed the dishes dancing to the songs he'd choose. We spent countless hours cuddling and making up for lost time, but time wasn't something we had to spare. Forty eight hours, that felt more like seconds.

"How do you expect me to soothe two months of longing in two days?" I ask wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing the tip of his nose

"I'm sorry I can't stay longer" Cal sighs and I immediately feel guilty for making him feel bad about it

"Nooo, no, no, no, no, no" For every 'no' I give him a peck on the lips "I get it, it's your job and you have to go. I really loved the surprise" I emphasize the last part

He already felt super guilty the first day because of the stupid pack of cigarettes, and yesterday, he found the picture of him and Duke – that usually is on his nightstand – hidden in the back of the closet. I made up some lame excuse, saying I was afraid someone could break it, because I couldn't stand the sad look in his eyes if I told him the truth. And the truth is that that damn picture kept looking at me while I tried to sleep in the first weeks being alone in the house, so I had to get rid of it.

Sierra: Luke wants to know when you plan on returning Cal back to us

Sierra: And if you're feeding him well

Sierra: And letting him rest

Gia: luke wants to know a lot of things

Gia: go keep him busy

Sierra: He says he's worried cause Cal hasn't answered texts and calls

Gia: that's because i'm keeping him busy

Luke: Hi Gia, how are you??

Luke: When do you plan on returning Cal back to us?

Luke: We miss him

Luke: Well, I don't know about the other actually

Luke: But I do

Gia: who ever said i plan on returning him at all?

"When are you going back to work?" Calum asks me, brushing a thumb across my cheek

"Next week" I tell him with a small pout

Things at work are as bad as Jason's mom predicted. My boss seems to be doing everything he can to make me quit by assigning me the most stupid and humiliating tasks. Anne and Trish look more than happy to have occupied my position and no one in the office is really talking to me. Except for Liam, who has proved himself to be an amazing friend and a very good company. Even Makayla, who works for the building's administration has heard a few rumours and - being her curious self - keeps asking me to address every single one of them. I never do, even though sometimes I wish I could tell them all to fuck off and mind their own business since 99% of the time they don't know what they're talking about, but Mrs Moore has instructed me to keep it low. My lawyer advised me not to say a thing about it until it goes to court and even though I never thought I would ever say a phrase like this one, here I am.