Thirty three // gold

N/A
smut warning*
Also I recommend you listen to Gold by Chet Faker when the time comes
**Everything written in italics happened in the past**

"Thanks for the best first date of my entire life" I say when we reach the door to his apartment

Calum is purposively fiddling with the keys like on a proper first date making me laugh. We stand face to face in front of his doormat and neither of us seem to want this night to end. You'd think that I'm used to being this close to Calum by now but he never fails to make my heart race and my palms sweat.

"This was the most fun I ever had on a date" He tells me staring deep into my eyes in a way that would make me believe everything he says

The smile on my face widens thinking that if I mean to Calum half of what he means to me, I'll die a happy girl.

"You really raised the bar for my next dates" I attempt to joke but there isn't a single trace of humor in Calum's expression

I watch as he takes a step closer to me and my eyes immediately land on his plump lips. I think he's going to kiss me. We only kissed once the entire night and that is nowhere near enough for me. After dessert, Calum took me upstairs where there was a deck in the open air to watch the city pass by us. It was indeed a beautiful sight but the freezing wind blowing directly on us kind of killed the romantic mood.

"Good" He quietly says brushing a thumb across my cheek "Cause you should never settle for less than you deserve"

Before my mind can even process what he just said, Calum closes the distance between us and kisses me with a passion. He pins me against the door and hungrily attacks my lips. Both his hands cup my face gently as his mouth moves avidly in sync with mine. Calum stretches out one hand to open the door to his apartment without breaking the kiss and quickly pushes me against the wall of his living room. I trip on one of his shoes laying on the floor and Cal accidentally drops a lamp making both of us laugh. We break the kiss but I don't break out of his embrace.

"That lamp wasn't supposed to be here" He comments with a chuckle

We didn't turn on the lights but somehow Calum is backlit giving me plain sight of his features. I look around the room to see it filled with scented candles everywhere. There wasn't candles in the apartment when we left.

"Candles?" I ask him but instead of using his words, Calum offers me a hand

He pulls me towards one of the bedrooms never breaking our eye contact. Calum has an excited smile on his lips and gentle eyes analyzing me. He pushes the door open with his free hand and gestures for me to walk in first. The room is illuminated by dozens of scented candles distributed on top of the furniture and there are countless rose petals scattered around the bedroom floor circuling the bed.

"Calum" I let out a sigh

No one has ever done anything this beautiful for me. I can't believe he planned all of this for me. Who knew Calum was such a romantic?

"The rose petals are a little too much in my opinion but M-"

I don't let him finish talking because who cares what he was going to say? This is so sweet and thoughtful and incredible that I don't even know how to thank him properly. I lace my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss, hoping he understands. My hands travel down the colar of his red shirt to the top of his suit. I slide the blazer off his shoulders and down his arms till it hits the floor. Calum is trying to get rid of his shoes without breaking the kiss but he's having a hard time doing it. He stumbles a little and if I didn't know any better I would think he's nervous. With a sudden boost of confidence, I push Calum on the bed, where he falls seated in front of me. I position myself in between his legs and reach for the ziper of my dress.